• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is an iPad worth it for this degree? (1 Viewer)

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
hi! im starting in 2025 and i was looking into doing a law/media/comms or commerce course with either a major in pr or marketing.
i was thinking of upgrading my current iPad to one of the newer models but i was wondering if it was even useful for this degree -> moreover specifically in the media/communications part of it :)
ty!

carrotsss

HSC
alr bro💀💀💀 i asked whether it worked for the specific majors xx
for future reference no one is really checking those individual sub forums you’re better off just posting once and most people will see it on new posts

anyway i may be wrong since i dont personally do those sorta subjects but i think generally the main use of an ipad in any writing focused sorta degree (including law/commerce) is going to be writing notes and sometimes writing essays and the like. beyond that most things will be typed such as ur assessments and that sorta thing, tbh I guess it depends how much you value the convenience of having all of your notes accessible easily on your iPad but i doubt it’ll be that useful

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
for future reference no one is really checking those individual sub forums you’re better off just posting once and most people will see it on new posts

anyway i may be wrong since i dont personally do those sorta subjects but i think generally the main use of an ipad in any writing focused sorta degree (including law/commerce) is going to be writing notes and sometimes writing essays and the like. beyond that most things will be typed such as ur assessments and that sorta thing, tbh I guess it depends how much you value the convenience of having all of your notes accessible easily on your iPad but i doubt it’ll be that useful
yeah i have a relatively newer MacBook so i didnt really see a need for law -> however i was a bit confused w the majors i was interested but this makes sense ! ty !

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't say much about the others, but in the Econ units of your comm degree it will be a good idea to just have an ipad to draw on, since it will be better to visualise the graphs. For my first year marketing subject I can't see the ipad to be more useful, since I mainly did a lot of weekly reading and group projects.

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Can't say much about the others, but in the Econ units of your comm degree it will be a good idea to just have an ipad to draw on, since it will be better to visualise the graphs. For my first year marketing subject I can't see the ipad to be more useful, since I mainly did a lot of weekly reading and group projects.
Ohh I see! Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)