• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is engineering for me? (1 Viewer)

Beastling

HSC
Hi I know this post is a bit far off but at this pivotal point in my life =\ (choosing uni course) i am willing to do anything. I have recently been offered an engineering scholarship at monash, but ive been put off engineering a while ago because ive heard that job opportunities are scarce in australia and the fact that the entry requirements are quite low. However I like maths, and enjoy doing challenging maths questions. I hated biology and didnt really like chem pracs, so im not really sure about biomedicine at melbourne which is my number one preference at the moment. I know change of preference period is over, but i think i can still accept the scholarship and get it (i think). Ive also been thinking about the bachelor of science (science schoalrs program) at monash for which ive also been offered a scholarship. im partly drawn to that because of its really high entry requirements (although i think that i shudnt use entry requirements to judge a subject)

thanks!

witide

HSC
Madness. If you stick to the core engineering discpilies, there are plenty of job opportunites. There might not be as much in Australia for things like mechatronics, computer or aerospace, but any engineering degree comes with a lot of respect. If you like maths, engineering would be great for you (except chemical if you don't chemistry).

Research more about the programs, there are a lot of paths you can take in engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)