Is it impossible? (1 Viewer)

cocopuffy

HSC
So I did pretty badly in my English advance trials, I haven't got the results yet, but I can safely say I either barely passed or failed.
English advance is the only subject I'm doing average at (say about moderate C's and B's for my assessments)
All my other subjects (Economics, Legal, Business) I'm ranked top 10 and do moderately well in my assessments.
I also do average at 2u maths.
So what I'm asking is, will doing poorly in trials affect my overall HSC marks/ ATAR rank?
If I do better in my HSC external will that balance out my internal marks?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
So I did pretty badly in my English advance trials, I haven't got the results yet, but I can safely say I either barely passed or failed.
English advance is the only subject I'm doing average at (say about moderate C's and B's for my assessments)
All my other subjects (Economics, Legal, Business) I'm ranked top 10 and do moderately well in my assessments.
I also do average at 2u maths.
So what I'm asking is, will doing poorly in trials affect my overall HSC marks/ ATAR rank?
If I do better in my HSC external will that balance out my internal marks?
English will always count, that's the bottom line.

You have to look at your position relative to your grade.

Whether it's great, good, average or bad is irrelevant to the effort you're going to put in the externals. Don't let a bad mark predispose you to another bad mark. Look at where you went wrong. Did you start memorizing your essay on the morning of the exam? Did you read the prescribed text? You don't underperform for no reason, there's a totality of circumstances that reaches the underperformance.

Just concentrate, don't worry about it too much. Just start working on English very soon, and be prepared this time. Although externals are theoretically 50%, remember performance in them moderates the internal mark so they are practically much more.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
You should be worried about your ranks not your marks.

If you done bad, others may have done worse than you allowing your rank to stay the same.

But if this isn't the case a strong performance in your externals will allow you get to bump up your final hsc mark which is pretty much (Internal + External)/2 = Final HSC Mark which affects your atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)