• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is it over for me (1 Viewer)

packrunner

HSC
i have gotten 60 percent in my maths standard test which was 20% last term n i have a maths test which is 25% tommorow im feeling pretty confident that i will pass but i always get 60 how can i get a mark higher than 60 because im tryna make it uni and have an academic comeback all my other subjects im gettin like 70 or 50 i need all the sauce n tips guys help a brother out

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A bit of a late response, although I hope your test went well. Your result in your previous test indicates that there are likely areas or specific concepts that you may need to revisit. The problem might be a lack of understanding of particular concepts and/or insufficient practice of questions targeting those concepts. Because of this, you should ask for clarification regarding any concepts you may not fully understand. Once this is addressed, you should attempt a range of questions targeting those concepts (which can be a combination of textbook questions and past exam papers), allowing you to assess your ability to apply your understanding to a range of questions, especially exam-style ones, until you become more confident with those concepts.

The same approach should be adopted with current and upcoming content. This means that you must ensure that you understand all concepts, and seek assistance whenever you face any difficulty. Completing textbook questions can help you determine whether you thoroughly understand the relevant concepts, after which you can complete more challenging textbook questions (if applicable) and past papers in preparation for your upcoming exams. This will enable you to identify and address areas of improvement early on and will make you more prepared overall.

I hope this helps! :D

packrunner

HSC
Thank you very much for this, bro. I will incorporate all of this that you have said to me. But I have a question for you: should I apply to UAC when I get my trial results?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you very much for this, bro. I will incorporate all of this that you have said to me. But I have a question for you: should I apply to UAC when I get my trial results?
No worries. You can submit an application to UAC regardless of when you receive your trial results, and you will have the ability to change your course preferences at later stages if needed. It would be a good idea to submit your application as early as possible to avoid paying a higher fee after a certain date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)