Is it over for me? (1 Viewer)

rego2

HSC
ok i think im gona give up on my hsc if my assessment mark and trials had ruin my chance in getting a decent UAI.
Im doing limited uai so i just have 3 subjects.

General Maths assessment 65% Trials 50% Rank 2nd
English 70% Trials 65% Rank 20th
Modern History 74% Trials 64% Rank 2nd

So even if i get like mid 70s for all the subject in the hsc. Would it then be added up with my assessment mark and then divided in 2. If this is so i think my mark would be below 70 which is arent enough for a UAI of 60...

If someone with an answer please reply. Or is there a mark that i could aimed for in the HSC exam that could give me a UAI of about 60s?
Please reply if u know the answer, because i've lost my motivation to study.

klaw

HSC
your ranks matter more than your assessment marks.

rego2

HSC
um rank is depend on the school u go 2 right?
well im doing it at tafe. and most ppl in my tafe are arent so bright. So even with a rank of 2nd in the HSC most students will score like below 50s.. wouldnt i get drag down aswell?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Here is a piece of advice - ignore what the other people are doing and what they are getting. At no point is it impossible to excel in the HSC, even if your internals have already been sent in as too much happens for you to just punch in the numbers and say that you can or can't with certainty get a certain score as scaling, ranks, marks, your externals, how the state performs in that subject, *all* these factors contribute. So seriously don't feel downtrodden as its still within grasp for you to do well - just don't give up!
If I may ask, considering I am a HSC TAFE student myself, which campus do you study at?

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Don't give up. I'll give you an example. I gave up just before my trials and didn't study for chemistry and biology, because I bombed out in a couple of assessments during the year. (got a few 60%-ish marks) Needless to say I didn't do well in either of the trial exams. At the end of the year I found out that my final ranks aren't so bad after all - and if I had studied for the trials and gotten better marks, I would've come in the top 5 for both subjects, easily.

So don't give up. Also, with only 11 days to go, my advice would be: don't try to aim for a specific mark, just work your hardest and you'll most likely to be pleasantly surprised when the results come out :)

By the way, don't forget that raw marks are aligned in the end (and go up a fair way), so don't be discouraged by your raw marks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
You're so close that you can't give up now.

There isn't much way of predicting what you will get besides thinking about what people in your school got last year, to get a general idea.

Cyph said:
They've gotten really desperate since the bombings with trying to sell you stuff because there's not many people around and they're worried we're not going to keep coming here.. you're getting hit up to buy something about every 10m in the street and they're getting a lot more aggressive.

Yesterday I paid 100 000 IDR (about $12.50AUD) for some leather bangle thing and a manicure, when it probably should have been no more than 5-10 000 IDR max - the desperation in these people is really sad. The bar tender gets 20 000 IDR a day, so $3-4AUD is a lot of money to these people while it's not a great deal for us. I've been drinking a bottle of JD a day anyway for about $30-40 so it all evens out.

I don't think I've realised how lucky my family actually may be.. I was at Kuta mall where the bombs were about several hours earlier with my brother. I'd be absolutely devestated if my brother or someone was hurt in the bombings, so I really feel for those involved and their family & friends.
that's really sad, it's an experience and a half for everyone who happens to be there as well, like you

you never realise how bad something is or how lucky you have been while you are away from normal life

Last edited:
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
At the end of the year I found out that my final ranks aren't so bad after all - and if I had studied for the trials and gotten better marks, I would've come in the top 5 for both subjects, easily.
rub it in wont you :(

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Anti-Mathmite said:
What's limited UAI?
When you exceed the age of 21 you may sit between 5 and 9 units including 2u of english in the one year and receive a UAI.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
well it means for example, you could do general math, english standard and senior science and nothing else and recieve a UAI and go to uni with that.

But it would become a normal UAI with the 4 subject rule and 12 prelim unit rule and so on if you went higher than 9u.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Anti-Mathmite said:
2, 4, 6.. wheres the other 3 units coming from?
between 5 and 9 units - ie you could do a minimum of 5 units and get a limited UAI or a maximum of 9 units to get a limited UAI. Or you could do 6 units, or 7 or 8, but you couldn't do 10 or higher and you couldn't 4 or lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)