Is it possible for me to get band 6 in English and E4 in Extension 1 Math? (1 Viewer)

Otingus

HSC
I'm doing Extension 1 Maths and English Standard, and I've never been very good in either, always just barely passing in ext and getting 60-70% in every English assessment I do. I've never been that good with analysing evidence in essays, that's always bought me down. Is it possible for me to make the improvement and get a band 6 in the hsc this year? If it's possible, any advice on how would be appreciated.

Thanks.

idkkdi

HSC
I'm doing Extension 1 Maths and English Standard, and I've never been very good in either, always just barely passing in ext and getting 60-70% in every English assessment I do. I've never been that good with analysing evidence in essays, that's always bought me down. Is it possible for me to make the improvement and get a band 6 in the hsc this year? If it's possible, any advice on how would be appreciated.

Thanks.
if your internal ranks aren't doomed yet, sure.

Last edited:

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Tbh you will never really know it until you do it. I would suggest looking at this from this point of view: if you aren't performing well, then any small gain is something that you need to proud off. Just ignore your past marks and try to improve (by any extent). By doing so, the pressure of getting the ranks will seem less, enabling you perform well internally to secure a band 6 in terms of assessment marks. I guess you still have about 50% of internals plus 50% of externals (half your entire final mark). Hence, by focusing on your weaknesses you can still achieve your target mark, if not something close to it, which would be better than a lower mark...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)