Is it possible I just got a really easy marker for a teacher? (1 Viewer)

katoji

HSC
Because I don't understand the huge difference in results. My teacher hasn't marked hsc recently but she has in the past, and she told us she marked to HSC standards. I was getting high 80s in drama(both theory and practical) and I also worked really hard for it. For the external theory exam it was different from the past questions - I found it tricky but I could still handle it okay. I thought I did well for my practical external exam. However HSC results came back 76 for drama(exam and assessment - because I came first) and that scaled horribly. I'm actually still really shocked.

I also had a student teacher who was state ranked for drama, who said she'd believe I'd do pretty well(not trying to sound up myself, but she approached me and said that).And when I rang up my teacher to check if they sent in the ranks correctly, they did, but she sounded very surprised. I asked her what could have happened, and she said "maybe the standards were really different this year, maybe there were just many many exceptional people" which I find hard to believe...she didn't sound sure of it either...

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Look, I only realised this through my trials, that they have very strict marking criterias, and sometimes if yours is not a 100% word perfect they will deduct or give you nothing. I not sure how drama works, but for the other subjects involving Science it's partically applicable.

Like one question in physics asked me about what is a critical temperature? At the time, i wrote the correct answer, but didn't state the number at which it occurs, and i got 0/2. (My teacher is clueless as well in this subject).

So my point is, you may have done well; but some teachers may have been a big more niggly in regards to how well yours fell against the criteria.

It's cruel, and i would have thought drama, would have been subjective, like English. The fact is you may have had an old biddy as a marker, who believes no teen should pass. Don't be too hard on yourself, you did well.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
The number of exceptional students in a particular year is irrelevant. The same standards apply each year. Also, marking is not down to one person. At least six different people marked your exams.

If you did not do as well as expected, either your teacher marked internals too easily or you bombed the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)