Is it possible or give up? (1 Viewer)

comeback6969

HSC
Hi I’m in a sussy situation.

I really wanted to rank 1st for economics because i don’t go to a too well ranked school in the 100s As I wanted my external mark and internal mark etc

term 1
75% rank 15/20

term 2
86% rank 5/20

total weightlifting 45%
think top 2 are up on me by like 10-20%? Lol this semester

I worked hard and I definitely could have gotten close to full marks in my second task. I made stupid silly mistakes and it might have costed me even more As I definitely need those extra percentages. the thing is the top 2 kids in my class are averaging 90+ and I doubt this will drop anytime soon So let’s say even if I 100 next two. Most likely I still cant rank 1st as they performed well in first and second task.

so the real question is, is it not possible at this stage and I should give up on trying to be first and just accept it and hope for the best. Obviously I’ll still try But it kinda breaks my heart cause I’ll be first for every subject except eco because I trolled term 1.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
doesn't matter regardless.

Being in a defeatist attitude is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. If you are willing to give up trying in the HSC despite wanting to over some bad marks at term start, it conditions you to be more willing to drop anything given you don't have a desirable start i.e how tf u gonna do anything.

Dw Abt feeling like it's over or u can't do anything to come back etc. That's normal. You just need to keep on pushing regardless of the outcome.

"Don't work for the result, but rather work for the action itself."

Keep yourself in a good routine and you'll see you'll be much more motivated and hard working, as well as less gloomy.

Keep on going, you're almost there.

comeback6969

HSC
doesn't matter regardless.

Being in a defeatist attitude is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. If you are willing to give up trying in the HSC despite wanting to over some bad marks at term start, it conditions you to be more willing to drop anything given you don't have a desirable start i.e how tf u gonna do anything.

Dw Abt feeling like it's over or u can't do anything to come back etc. That's normal. You just need to keep on pushing regardless of the outcome.

"Don't work for the result, but rather work for the action itself."

Keep yourself in a good routine and you'll see you'll be much more motivated and hard working, as well as less gloomy.

Keep on going, you're almost there.
Tysm I do tbh feel more motivated to do better but yea I’m kind of stuck in a period of accepting my fate but I’ll get out soon.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Tysm I do tbh feel more motivated to do better but yea I’m kind of stuck in a period of accepting my fate but I’ll get out soon.
tbf its too early to call it "fate." try to come as close to if not first. Even if this does not happen, it may just imply that your cohort is good/better than past years. Or you can take this as a motivation to do better in the hsc. This happened with my physics cohort, which was technically the best my school had seen. I was like 5 percent away from first internally, but then we all smashed the hsc, and i ended up with a mark of 97.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
tbf its too early to call it "fate." try to come as close to if not first. Even if this does not happen, it may just imply that your cohort is good/better than past years.
This does happen.
Usually, our school is ranked around 300 to 400, but the year my eldest sat the HSC, her English teacher, who had previously taught at James Ruse, told me, at the parent teacher interview, that the top three students in her English class (all girls as it happened) were all as good at English as her JRAHS ex-students. All three of them ended up achieving band 6 marks in the HSC exams. Eight years on now, they are all very successful professionally (doctor, lawyer, forensic scientist). Edited to add: The fourth English student was a male who was also good at maths, physics & chemistry and ended up top of his year for his engineering course at Uni. He is also professionally successful as an engineer and now my son in law.

The high performance of each student doesn’t seem to have adversely impacted on the success of the others, so my advice is to just keep putting in the effort to do as well as you can.

Last edited:

Vall

HSC
- don’t give up till at least after trials
- it will be even better (for your HSC) if you and the students currently beating do really well in the actual HSC exam

pogchampion

HSC
Honestly bro, you should never give up in the HSC.
I strongly believe that if you do, you will come to regret it later on, and you might get thoughts like "what if I tried harder?".
What's more is that most of the other people in your cohort will start to try a lot harder as the HSC is close, so the pressure of those around you will make you want to care and want to try as well anyway.

Good luck :)

comeback6969

HSC
Honestly bro, you should never give up in the HSC.
I strongly believe that if you do, you will come to regret it later on, and you might get thoughts like "what if I tried harder?".
What's more is that most of the other people in your cohort will start to try a lot harder as the HSC is close, so the pressure of those around you will make you want to care and want to try as well anyway.

Good luck :)
oh bruh i obviously wont give up. It's that maybe I'll give up trying to be first in eco since it seems like its not going to happen. I'll definitely sweat as inside of me wants a high atar lmao.

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Don't give up! You can do it!

People say that ranking changes like crazy after trials so really it's not over until you finish writing the last word on the paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)