Is it true that theyre asking more theory than mathematical questions now? (1 Viewer)

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by kini mini

There are many reasons, like the fact that the Chinese for one have delighted in massacring each other for millenia and science wasn't that high a priority. Like a good little boy I read my Chinese history and ended up quite shocked...

But Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel is a good introduction to the topic of why some people made more advances that others, quite a lot has been written on the topic too.
ahh...yeh, and also the cultural revolution of the Mao years (which meant that all the rich and educated people were persecuted)

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Originally posted by mannnnndy
The new syllabus for chemistry does contain a lot more theory and explaining rather than calculation type questions. Whether theory or maths questions are harder would depend on what you're better at - calculations or explaining, although some of the maths questions can be fairly hard. Personally I found the explaining questions better.
WOOO! I'm apalling at the maths side of chemistry:p I don't know why but I just don't understand it. Explaining I can do. Maybe chemistry isn't a lost 2units for me afterall. Phew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)