Is the EVO IX a bargain or what? (2 Viewers)

RIZAL

HSC
I wanna know peoples opinions on the Mistu EVO IX (specifically slipstream's).

It costs 6k less than the outgoing EVO VIII.
It has (a bit) more power than the EVO 8.
It has a 6 speed trans when the EVO8 had a 5 speed.
The 4g63 now has mivec which the evo 8 didn't have.

I'm just really excited about this car for some reason and am considering driving a shitbox for a few years to save up for it.

The only downsides I can see are insurance, styling (it's a bit OTT for me) and when it comes down to it, it is a souped up Lancer. (56k can get a lot of nice 2nd hand 'prestige' metal with a fair bit of street cred - think 330ci.)

but before I consign myself to public transport for the next few years...what do you think of the IX slipstream?

funniboi

HSC
DaddyK said:
You can save up for an evo in 3 years???? I want to work where you do. The evo is an extremely high performance car, if you can buy one, please do!!

where in his post did he say 3 years ?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
The IX is a passing model which bridges the gap between the 8 and 10. I would wait until the 10, because you can bet it's going to be almost revolutionary.

Plus it's been established a number of times that the evo's are difficult for day to day driving (where the STi, especially the new one, is seen as a better choice). But for the track the evo's are better.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I'd love to own one but as many car magazines stated they aren't for everyday.

SlipStream

HSC
Isaaq said:
I wanna know peoples opinions on the Mistu EVO IX (specifically slipstream's).

It costs 6k less than the outgoing EVO VIII.
It has (a bit) more power than the EVO 8.
It has a 6 speed trans when the EVO8 had a 5 speed.
The 4g63 now has mivec which the evo 8 didn't have.

I'm just really excited about this car for some reason and am considering driving a shitbox for a few years to save up for it.

The only downsides I can see are insurance, styling (it's a bit OTT for me) and when it comes down to it, it is a souped up Lancer. (56k can get a lot of nice 2nd hand 'prestige' metal with a fair bit of street cred - think 330ci.)

but before I consign myself to public transport for the next few years...what do you think of the IX slipstream?
I feel so special! :)

At the moment, if I had $60k I'd buy an STi because everyone seems to be raving about how good it is with the DCCD (centre diff)... and it won MOTOR magazine's Bang For Your Buck (BFYB) award. However, MOTOR scribbler Dean Evans reckons - after driving the IX after BFYB '05 - the STi would have been playing second fiddle to the Evo IX if it had been released before BFYB. Having driven a couple of WRXs in my time, I can say they are a truly impressive car - the STi is supposedly miles better, so it must be awesome. If so, what would this all make the Evo IX? Berko? That's exactly what I was thinking. :p

I'm putting my money on the Evo IX to take out MOTOR's PCOTY '06, which is normally held in the first quarter of the year - the Evo IX is a real contender to knock a Porsche off its traditional perch (although the 997 911 is supposed to be very good...).

In regards to considering a 330ci, it's a common happening that a lot of people only put their cred with the M3 with all 3-series. They see a 330ci and it's just another 3-series. If you really want something special, (i.e.) buy an AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex and pop a 4AGE in with the Stage 2 VVTi DOHC 20v head. 10 000rpm - 250hp. 1000kgs. You could really stretch $60k. That's only an example, though. There are thousands of possibilities out there.

But if you're on of those who really hates gremlins, I reckon a used Evo IX would be the road to travel - if you have the money, of course. A used one because the Evo X should be out by the time you have the dough! :p And let's not forget - as you mentioned - you'll need another job to afford the insurance. Most insurance companys will shit their pants as the answer to the equation "17 year old + $56k turbocharged car", so when you do find insurance, it will be extreme.

If someone dangled the keys to an STi and the keys to an Evo IX in front of me, I'd grab the ones to the Mitsu and run like hell.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lol...slipstream has it covered...

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
SlipStream said:
In regards to considering a 330ci, it's a common happening that a lot of people only put their cred with the M3 with all 3-series. They see a 330ci and it's just another 3-series. If you really want something special, (i.e.) buy an AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex and pop a 4AGE in with the Stage 2 VVTi DOHC 20v head. 10 000rpm - 250hp. 1000kgs. You could really stretch $60k. That's only an example, though. There are thousands of possibilities out there.
I disagree. The 330ci has built up a reputation on its own as "the car very much like an M3 but a fraction of the price", and when I see one I think it's different to just any other 3 series. And as if you're going to buy an AE86 for the same price.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
what a fuckin waste of money...

$60 grand on an AE86...

S13WPN

HSC
$60000 :eek: :eek: :eek: no matter how much you spend on a sprinter, it's still just gonna be a sprinter...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yoiu could buy a nice car AND have fuel money left :eek:

funniboi

HSC
SlipStream said:
If someone dangled the keys to an STi and the keys to an Evo IX in front of me, I'd grab the ones to the Mitsu and run like hell.

even if it was a 22b sti ? :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i dont like the look of the evo...i guess i just have different tastes to the rest of you. Even though the performance is awesome, I'd still go for the 330Ci :p

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
what a fuckin waste of money...

$60 grand on an AE86...
I didn't mean pump the whole $60k into it - hell, it'd be awesome with even $30k. I was just implying that you can do heaps more with $60k than buy an Evo and be content with that.

funniboi: I'd have a long hard think about a 22B - said car has been my dream car since I was a kid. ;)

funniboi

HSC
DaddyK said:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH you fucking retard, a few is three cockhead, fuck your an idiot.

really ?

there is really no set number for 'few' you fucken tool. gee, you're such a narrowminded prick. i think you're the retard, not me. get over yourself, you fucken jackass. go 'save the whales'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)