Is the standard model worth learning anymore? (1 Viewer)

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
As I've been reading, it is said that recent studies in the field of physics or quantum physics, has suggested that the standard model could be entirely wrong, this is surpported by the fact that there is no actual physical evidence for this model.
So, i was wondering, if the standard model could be wrong, maybe we should forget about learning it?
I just want to hear about your comments on this.
Thank you.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well i dont think BoS would be too impressed if they ask a question on it and you say "The standard model is wrong so I didnt learn about it." Does not having physical evidence necessarily mean its wrong, or atleast that parts of it is correct, or maybe it means that it could be right just hasnt been completely proven? Nevertheless its a theory, and a large bulk of this topic is about the development of various theories of the atom, nucleus etc over time.

DAAVE

HSC
Dude, there is plenty of evidence for the standard model.

There are a lot of fringe groups in science who think general relativity is wrong too, but that doesn't mean you should forget about it.

kfoong

HSC
I thought general relativity has already been proven?

I myself have heard that the standard model might be wrong... but I agree with zenger69, unless you're planning to become a physicist, you can forget it after the hsc :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)