is this a good major work topic; hollcaust denial theory/revisionist historians (1 Viewer)

milbo

HSC
Information on this topic is relitavely limited, I've been checking out David Irving as he is the key historian to the holocaust denial theory.
I really think this would be a compelling topic for an extension major work but I'm not sure the about the resources (as most revisionist history is banned) also what kind of focus question I could formulate!

I need to write up a proposal pretty soon so please help!

Has this topic been done successfuly before and is it even do-able?:speechless:

earlymodernusyd

HSC
Hi

I am a PhD Student at Sydney University. I am reading with interest some comments on here because I may have to take some first year tutorials next year.

As regards your topic, I don't think its doable. There really isn't any such thing as holocaust revision in the sense of the Australian History Wars. One could argue about the numbers killed 4 million 8 million 12 million but that's not of itself that significant. The holocaust is accepted as facual in the sense that millions were sytematically executed - anyone arguing with that must be treated with extreme caution.

matildas

HSC
haha this is a bit late, and totally unhelpful now, but yes it is doable.
i did holocaust denial for my major work this year and got 37/40 (i lost a mark on the synopsis, grrrr).
you just need to look at it the right way, i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)