• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is this ok for 1st year? (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
this is what i'm doing in first semester

ACCG 100, ACST 101, STAT 170, ECON 110

second semester

ACCG 101, COMP 114, ECON 141, ECON111

ok right? to complete applied fin and bachelor of com-acct
as far as books go is the ACCG 100 and 101 using the same books? and also which books will i be needing straight away for first semester, so that i can buy them and wait a while before i buy the other ones?

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
as far as i know the subjects look fine

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i'm doing my timetable and wondering if fours of lectures is ok, straight after one another....but atleast they're in the same place.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
some people say 2 hrs max, some 3. i am also a 1st year student, and i have done 4hrs straight. i will see how i go, but i think it's fine

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeah its econ and then comp so don't know whether that'll tire me or not? i found comp really easy at school so i'm hoping its sorta like that

*fingers crossed*

Majesty

HSC
N/A
I've found that the easier the unit its the more boring it is in the lecture, and you're better off wandering doing something else on campus. Whereas if it's harder, you're more likely to pay attention.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Majesty is correct only to a certain extent. Some subjects such as ACST211 when I was doing it was so difficult that I just walked out because I didn't understand anything.

As for your units, they look alright. And yes, Accounting 1A and 1B use the same textbook. I'd safely presume you need all the textbooks for semester one (of which I'm selling my ones for ACCG100 and ACST101... but no one checks out my 'Textbook' thread *Sighs*).

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
so what's comp 114 or econ 141 like? as these are my two lectures together.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
when do you become a member and recieve discounts on the books you purchase, is that on enrolment day?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you have to pay to become a member of the co-op if you want a further discount. but since we're students, we already get a discount, it seems like a discount of only 1%. LOL... y ou can become a member of the co-op whenveer you want.

as for the 4 hours straight thing, i did 7 hours straight on one of my days at usyd. it was not big deal, except for the fact that i had to walk around 1k to get to one of my other tute rooms!! :( just bring some food, quiet food eg sandwich and NOT chips, to lectures so that you don't starve!!

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
econ141 is a breeze too, i thought that subject was way too similar to stat170..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)