Is this stuff really all not in the syllabus....... (1 Viewer)

Saintly Devil

I was looking through the syllabus (the new one, for 2003) and i have a feeling that the whole of chapter 4 in the jacaranda book is not included - i.e. we can't be tested on it coz it ain't in the syllabus.

Is this right? Or is there some part of the syllabus i missed?

kini mini

HSC
I don't have jacaranda on me, but looking at the syllabus you appear to be right. All those points have been crossed out :cool:

Just be glad your parents waited a few more months than ours ;) :D

Saintly Devil

and what does this mean........

this is from a dotpoint in the new syllabus. i couldn't really find the info in a textbook

identify WHY the term 'g' forces is used to explain the forces acting on an astroanaut during launch.

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
Re: and what does this mean........

Originally posted by Saintly Devil
this is from a dotpoint in the new syllabus. i couldn't really find the info in a textbook

identify WHY the term 'g' forces is used to explain the forces acting on an astroanaut during launch.
I wouldn't interpret this dot point too literally or you might end up saying something like: "NASA's PR people thought the public would have an intuitive grasp of the nature of the forces experienced by astronauts if this analogy were used".

I agree with Bon , you should answer this question by explaining the forces experienced by an astronaut at launch. You can then say that the acceleration causing this force is conveniently measured in units of the acceleration due to gravity, hence the canonical term 'g' forces for the forces experienced by our friend the astronaut.

I also recommend Jacaranda btw, it's a great book :).

D

d00d

my teacher said that using g-forces allows us to COMPARE the forces we experience at lauched with the normal forces we experience while at rest.

Saintly Devil

Originally posted by d00d
my teacher said that using g-forces allows us to COMPARE the forces we experience at lauched with the normal forces we experience while at rest.
hmm....yeah, that makes sense.

thanks

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
yes my teacher explained that the chaper 4 isnt it it at all..

its beign changed so yup dats answers your question

Saintly Devil

hmm............you got a good teacher.

i had to point it out to my teacher and then he told the rest of the class..............i'm scared he'll forget and put that stuff in the half yearly............

needtostudy

Originally posted by sukiyaki
yes my teacher explained that the chaper 4 isnt it it at all..

its beign changed so yup dats answers your question
yeh i agree
n
not all teachers are kept up to date with the new syllabus
i think they going to change it the syllabus as soon as 03 class move through we got an easy going syllabus as they chopped a lot of things out :)

luba

it's the same for chem. a lot of the stuff in textbook is not in syllabus. for example, the difference between alkanes and alkenes and the brom water test is just not in the syllabus, nor is the diff between alpha, beta and gamma radiation

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
So they arent reprinting textbooks to account for the new syllabus yet?
that makes it confusing since theres now a lot of useless stuff in these texts eh?

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
So they arent reprinting textbooks to account for the new syllabus yet?
that makes it confusing since theres now a lot of useless stuff in these texts eh?
nope, i spoke to the ppls selling text books and they said that its not worth it finanically and they cant reprint it that fast

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
BOS has cut out something like 20% of the 2002 syllabus for physics students of 2003 and onwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)