• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IT camp vs 3 days of Maths bridging course (2 Viewers)

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
The maths bridging course runs from feb 5-15 (every Monday to Thursday) and IT camp from 12-14.

Currently, my only 2 options are:

-miss camp

-go camp and miss 3 days of maths bridging and hopefully catch up at home :\..

any advice?, and also is the camp worth it? and what would u do.:confused:,

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
gosh if it were me i would go neither :p
haha
but advice go to the camp
chance to meet new people
i went to law camp, can't say IT camp is the same, although u may have a really good time

id go to the camp and catchup bridging course later.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There aren't any maths core subjects in the IT degree (whether you do it as a single or combined degree) so I wouldn't worry too much about the maths. They only recommend maths because it helps you in the more technical subjects (by thinking in a more mathematical way) but it terms of maths concepts, you don't need to know much other than basic maths. If you end up doing BBusiness as well, you'll need more maths in that, but even so the maths in business isn't too challenging. I would personally recommend you go to the IT camp. I believe you can do the bridging course at any time it's available (not just before you start your course).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Spider786 said:
The maths bridging course runs from feb 5-15 (every Monday to Thursday) and IT camp from 12-14.
Yeah I agree with Jasee. First semester of BScIT you won't need anything more than addition, subtraction, division and multiplication =O

I also highly recommend the IT Camp.
Unfortunately I didn't make the yellow shirt cut this year or I'd be there too =(

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
camp it is then :D, but im still gonna attend as many days of the bridging cours ei can.

we should have a 07 camp thread :p

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
I highly recommend you go to the It camp. You can actaully meet people who yuo can talk to in som eof yuor classes. It gets really boring in uni if you dont know anyone, and you are at a lecture where you cant really even meet anyone.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Spider786 said:
camp it is then :D, but im still gonna attend as many days of the bridging cours ei can.

we should have a 07 camp thread :p
i made one

so what have you decided?

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
well, i've chosen camp and enrolment over the bridging course.

I decided not to go to the bridging course, and even if i change my mind now its too late to apply anway.

Because, if i miss 3 days of it im gonna be missing alot and not going to be able to keepup etc, and from what i've heard my course dosen't require much maths, and any that it does i'll learn it as i go along (with my friends to help (4u students -.- E4).

so thats that :)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
I wasn't going to go to the camp when I started uni. But trust me it was the best thing I did. It was great to make friends not just with your own degree class mates but with students from other degrees. It was also great to meet lecturers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)