• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I've got subject selections coming up and i can't decide if i want to do modern history or economics (1 Viewer)

sighhjkshjkshkj

HSC
I'm in year 10 atm and going through subject selections. I'm already planning to do 3u maths, 3u english (4u in year 12), chem and bio so i need a filler subject. there's also the possibility in year 12 that i drop maths ext1 and do my filler subject.

ALSO
am i screwed if i do english ext 2, i love english tho and i hates maths with a burning passion.

HSC
I'm in year 10 atm and going through subject selections. I'm already planning to do 3u maths, 3u english (4u in year 12), chem and bio so i need a filler subject. there's also the possibility in year 12 that i drop maths ext1 and do my filler subject.

ALSO
am i screwed if i do english ext 2, i love english tho and i hates maths with a burning passion.
i did both mod and eco (got 96 for both). And found eco more enjoyable as it had more applicable elements. Mod was pure memorising

HSC
How did u memorise all ur plans for 4 topics
For me, I memorised essays for my USSR and Indochina topics as there were only 7-8 total possible questions they could ask. So I wrote essays for them, got them marked by my teacher and then just memorised.
For the nazi module (the common module), I practiced source analysis and made extensive notes (over 25 pages worth) to help me with 7-8 markers. For my civil rights module I also did comprehensive notes that would help with shorter responses

qweeosh

HSC
dependant if you like the topics within eco or modern more. But of course if you care about scaling, eco would scale harder from what I understand so maybe that would help.

iloveeggs

HSC

ALSO
you can see what subjects i do in my signature so no point repeating, let me just list my points

1. why are you taking 3u math if you hate math? don't take subjects that make you miserable bc your life in y11 will be so shit - and what's the point in taking it if you might drop it? idk it just sounds like too much work and effort. even tho its a one unit 3u math will give you a lot of work and if you dont really care abt it, just dont do it and focus on 3u english since you really like it
  2. if youre planning to do ext 2 english just do it, since you seem to like it so much chances are you'll put a good amount of effort into it, but since you have time think about whether or not you can handle the commitment while you're in yr 11 and have a feel for how you are coping
  3. i did modern for my "filler" and what ive learnt is that firstly you have to like your subject and secondly it shouldn't be a burden on you alongside your other subjects. i find modern fun and its a break from my math english science cycle and also i dont get too much work from it so i can focus on other subjects too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)