• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

James Cameron's Dark Angel (1 Viewer)

Insouciance

HSC
Dark Angel might have been dead for 3 years come May 17th 2005, but that doesn't mean the fanbase isn't the coolest since Buffy S3. Sometimes I feel like the only girl in Australia who remembers the hot guys from DA. Jensen Ackles? William Gregory Lee? Anyone?

I shall just remain here until someone joins me in the fan-girlishness. :rolleyes:

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i remember, i liked very muchly too. it was a good show, even if it did go all weird arse in the second season. it's a pity it didn't go on, cuz i think a third season with the whole freak nation thing could've been quite interesting. i need to go back and watch season 2 though cuz i missed a few eps and i can't remember some of the more pivotal aspects of the season (particularly the whole Sanderman thing!). so don't worry, ur not alone ;)

bLu3_gRaSS

HSC
N/A
One of my fav series too and is it just me or does Jensen Ackles look like the guy from the band Blue??

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Series 1 was a really good watch - and could've easily toppled some of the shows on Prime Time. I watched all of series 2, but that was only ok.. too repetitive with every 2nd episode being tracking down a new loose deformed experiment.

But it was good while it lasted.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
jessica alba is hot.

but yeah after the 1st season, it went crap. still, jessica alba is hot.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
I have to agree with everyone else, the second season just went downhill (I pinpoint it to the appearance of Joshua... the half man/half dog thing). Although, the episode in season 2 with the character called 'Brain' who could calculate probability in his head was a mad ep. Did anyone else think that Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherly were a cute couple? I was actually a little sad when they split up in real life! Hehe, yeah blu3_gRaSS i definately think they look a lot alike. Well, I've only ever seen a picture of the Blue guy, but I remember thinking that they looked alike!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Hotdog said:
jessica alba is hot.

but yeah after the 1st season, it went crap. still, jessica alba is hot.
Damn straight.

What ever happened to Smallville? I liked that show.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
She's busy making movies. Sin City is coming out this year (Yay!) and she's in the new Fantastic Four movie too. I dont know what else

Fry

i thought the second season was heaps better than the first. there was more comedy and i liked the villain plus Jensen Ackles was in it to spice things up. my fave ep is the boxing one...Jensen Ackles shirtless *drools*. it was pity that the show got cancelled and i would've liked to see Alec and Max get together.

Ackles recently scored a part on Smallville but i think that'll take aaaages until it gets shown over here...maybe never. i pretty much concluded that channel 9 sucks.

Insouciance

HSC
Yeah, Jensen Ackles was in Dawson's Creek which showed here January '04 at like 2pm in the afternoon, so no one was home to watch it. Now Smallville, plus a movie, I think. He did get his own show, but I think it was axed.

Jessica did that appalling thing known as Honey (I swear, I only went to see it because her brother was meant to have a cameo. Joshua Alba is so hot) and now has Into the Blue, Sin City and The Fabulous Four coming out.

I think I spend way too much time in Dark Angel fansites. :eek:

Amryllis

HSC
I used to LOVE Dark Angel! I hated the late night time slot though. It was one of the BEST shows ever! I saw most of season 1 but not much after that.. I don't even remember most of it, just that most of the time it was really hard to follow what they're saying. They talk heaps fast and the accent... But yeah... Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherly... They make suuch a hot couple!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The first season was quite good but the plot became fragmented and the series lost a direction in series two.

Jessica Alba is hot.

The one weakness was that the whole concept was never properly explained eg the bomb that fucked up elctronics and then the world turned to this: quee shots of world. This was never explained properly.

A complex manufacturing base exists in this future USA etc etc.

Insouciance

HSC
Wow. Not sure I needed to see that much of Jessica Alba.

Okay, so favourite Dark Angel episode ever?

I have to say 1.21: ... And Jesus Brought A Casserole. Why? Syl. Krit (hot!), Zack (hot!) and fabulous Season Finale. Shame they fired all the good writers after that.

Edit: I have to say my love of Jessica Alba stretched to about the second last ep of DA and now I definitly prefer the guest stars and Jensen Ackles in DA. And Honey was just so painful. Yeah, I really liked the hot guys (any girls didn't?) and I adored Nicki Aycox, who played Syl, and Ashley Scott, who played Asha. They were cool characters. Though Ashley Scott was cooller in Birds of Prey.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)