• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Jesus: Tales from the Crypt (1 Viewer)

dilroy

HSC
http://time-blog.com/middle_east/2007/02/jesus_tales_from_the_crypt.html

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

First of all, this is a fantastic archaeological discovery.

However... Jesus is devine and he was raised from the dead! I can't believe how these people are making such false accusations! Jesus is Holy!

Jesus never had a kid with Mary Magdelene! It's not true! No way! My life is ruined! Evolution is a lie!

There is no way religion is man-made. Respect the almighty God or you shall all perish! Bow down to him now!

*SHOOTS SELF IN HEAD*

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I take history and theology lessons from great historic brains such as "James Cameron" and "Dan Brown". You'd be stupid not to believe what they say.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
is there anywhere we can find the religious background of these archealogical experts

g_dob

HSC
"Think you're brave huh? Fuck, you're so cool."
Who are you critisizing, scientists or film makers? If the scientists- what are your reasons for challenging their (possible) discovery. If film makers- if this film was based on these scientific findings, whats wrong with the truth?
"Make a film about Mohammed that portrays him in an objective light."
If this is a genuine scientific discovery (Im not saying that it is...or isnt), what does Islam have to do with anything?
"It took them 20 years to declipher a few words? Wow, these guys must be good :/"
Well Cyan, what is the average time for decyphering Aramaic (not sure how spelt) or whatever language these "few words" were deciphered from? Even so, who's to say that the legitimacy of these findings are undermined by the time taken to decypher these words?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I love it how athiests portray themselves as the pinnacle of tolerance and enlightement and then come out with stuff like this every two seconds.

robbie1

HSC
There are anti-Christian film makers?......who would of thought!

As a Christian (Catholic), this is nothing new. We are mocked everywhere and not many days go by where I don't hear or read something anti-Christian. Standard procedure these days.

I wonder, as someone mentioned already, what would happen if this film was on Muhammad. It would be interesting indeed.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
This doesn't seem to be NCAP worthy to me. There are no clear succinct issues that we could be talking about and extend on, nor has it formed one by responders.

I'll moved this to Television. If you have any qualms, just give me a buzz.

circusmind

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
whaoo. calm down before you get yourself a nose bleed.

Lets review these magnificent findings, shall we: Some rich guy named Jesus was buried in a nice tomb. He had a father named Joesph and a mother named Mary and a bunch of kids. This is truly staggering evidence against the history of a religion. Wow. Because surely these names are so rare that it could only be the one and only guy who could do all those groovy miracles and walk across water...
It's just shoddy reasoning anyway.

1. Find people with some resemblance to figures from the Bible.
2. However, there are several important differences between the people found in the tomb, and everything we know about the biblical figures.
3. Conclude that they are the same people, and that everything we know about Jesus and co. is false?????

g_dob

HSC
yea.. im sure the scientists couldnt've considered the possibility of this coincidence...ring them and shine your knowledge upon them..

circusmind

HSC
g_dob said:
yea.. im sure the scientists couldnt've considered the possibility of this coincidence...ring them and shine your knowledge upon them..

Tell me dude, how could they have ruled out the possibility of coincidence?? The best source of information we have on this family is the gospel accounts, yet these guys seem to want to refute the gospel story. How could they have accepted and denied the same sources simultaneously?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)