Job details (1 Viewer)

antounbros

HSC
Hey everyone

i currently have a job at mcdonalds but its soo repetitive that im going to die in that cave

Anyway im looking to get a better job at places like target, kmart, woolworths, bigw, insport , chemists e.t.c

However i need YOUR help

If anyone has been apart of these jobs or has a bit of knowledge please post what you know.

im intereted in things like Pay, benefits and entitlements and level of happiness/fun working there

Thanks people :)

Katebrunner

HSC
I'm at Wollies and its ok most of the time, there are some cool people working there so we have fun at work. But I think people look down on us for working there, probably a bit like McDonald's in that sense.

If you can get a job in a department store I think that has a bit more prestige. I've been trying to get a transfer over to big w (same company as woolies) because I think people would respect me a bit more working there.

trungduong12

HSC
iam working at Hunry Jacks
like hell !!!~~~
my co-workers are terrible !!!~~~
pay 10$/hr
year 12 now
wanna quit IMMEDIATELY ;((((

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you doing this as a part time job to earn some cash on the side, or looking to make a career out of it? The money will never be crash hot in this part of the job market, but you'll get experience which leads to opportunities.

enoilgam

HSC
A few of my mates stack shelves at Coles and the pay is pretty decent ($20.2 per hour). Added to that all the penalty rates for weekend work and it's a pretty decent part time uni job. However, I'd look to move on towards the end of uni to an internship or something a little more relevant to your career aims. What often happens with these jobs is people get too "comfortable" because of the pay and stick with them beyond uni without really looking for something in their field. If you work such a job for a long time post uni (a year or more), it will look bad when you are applying for professional roles. So just keep that in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)