Job while studying?? (1 Viewer)

zelba

HSC
Hey people, would you advise working while going to uni??

I don't really need to as I am on a scholarship and my parents don't really want me to - but I want to work so I can have my own money which I think brings freedom and independence??

So should I work or not?? and how many hours would you advise??

Generator

HSC
N/A
Do whatever you think is best (or whatever is required in order for you to survive). For the record, most university students have a part-time or casual job.

zelba

HSC
Thankyou, could I just ask you something - do you have a job? and do u think i should get one now or wait until uni starts??

sarevok

HSC
depends. if you plan to do a science/engineering degree, or another with long hours, it will be tougher. travelling times to uni are also relevant

just see how much time you have free really :)

buddys

HSC
I have a shit timetable for uni this semester.....4 days for 2 units....with only bout 1-2 hours each day :(

on top of that..ill prob work 2-3 days

AND work wants to put me through a TAFE course (for semester 1), but this is online and is only like couple hours a week.

So ill have to manage my time pretty well to be able to do well at uni, tafe and have a social life on top.

I know ill be able to do this..... so my point....it all depends on the person.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Ok, everyone's talking about hours and such.

Well, I've got 25 hours/week, which is fairly average. On a uni site (I think it was Usyd's site) it said they expect roughly two hours of study outside class for every one hour of class you have each week. So that's like 50 hours of study per week for me. Because of my timetable I'm also at uni from 8am to 7pm every day of the week except Monday, where it's only 8am to 4pm.

Would it be advisable for me to work during university?

Adam

HSC
I had 5 days a week then worked one full day on the weekend. It was a pain in the arse, but a good challenge.

If you're doing an easy course though, work away.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I work 8 hours a week n I will be going to uni 5 days a week.
When I was part time @ uni I was working 20 hours a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)