Jordan question 2004 (2 Viewers)

Haku

for that question the answer says that its not possible to jump 7.66 meters, and at a velocity of 12m/s directly up. But doesn't he just like a projectile not vertical, and a take off velocity of 12m/s is possible

in that same paper there are two statements we need to discuss and they were both misleading and incorrect. is this a trend now?

rama_v

HSC
nosadness said:
for that question the answer says that its not possible to jump 7.66 meters, and at a velocity of 12m/s directly up. But doesn't he just like a projectile not vertical, and a take off velocity of 12m/s is possible

in that same paper there are two statements we need to discuss and they were both misleading and incorrect. is this a trend now?
huh? I can't understand what you mean when you say "But doesn't he just like a projectile not vertical, and a take off velocity of 12m/s is possible"

Abtari

HSC
rofl...ur statement is 'misleading'

yes thats the trend these days... kidding. im not too sure. i wouldnt rely on trends.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
It doesn't matter, because horizontal and vertical components of velocity are independent :)p)

So yes, it may be possible for a human-projectile to achieve an overall initial velocity of greater than 12 metres per second (I'd imagine some long-jumpers achieve greater velocities), but it is only the initial vertical velocity that determines how long you stay in the air. (see the experiment how a projectile dropped straight down takes the same time to hit the ground as one that is also projected horizontally). And it is NOT possible for a human to achieve an initial VERTICAL velocity as would be required in that question.

Haku

oh thankyou so much.

the successone give such irrelevant stuff at the end of the answer like "exegeration..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)