Journey to the Interior - A Physical Journey? (1 Viewer)

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I'm pretty stuck in figuring out Margaret Atwood's Journey to the Interior... We're doing Physical Journeys. I keep on going "oh! oh! i know!" and thinking i have ideas, but THEN i get confused haha i'm going around in circles.

I'd love to hear what YOU have to say about it (yes - YOU!)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Journey to the Interior is probably not the best text for physical journeys. If you still want to do it, you can check out these notes that mazza has submitted here.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
thanks Riviet. by the way, i think you'll win the hsc :) ie. get 100% hehe. you've always got something helpful and intelligent to say! keep it up :)

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
itis more about the inner/spiritualjourney..... but written in a physical journey aspect...i thinkif u were able to link it with physical journeys... u will get alot ofmarks from that... but remember ithas to be solid evidence ie...quotes from the poem linked tour understanding

Monstar

HSC
My english teacher told me she taught a standard class.. and this one kid kept insisting that the journey to the interior was a "physical journey". Unfortunately, he did not do very well in that section.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
thanks guys. I've talked to my teacher since about how i can use it to say that physical journeys lead to introspective journeys and she encouraged me to do it... so i'll give it a go.

Lulu_6622

HSC
hey guys do you think it could be used for an imaginative journey? if so how?

zeek

HSC
possibly... i thought that the journey was her going through menopause...

Lulu_6622

HSC
but how is it imaginative like how are techniques used to make it imaginative?

Carolynw

HSC
N/A
I guess the easiest way round that is to say it's a poem, it's fiction, so it must be imaginative to some degree, right? The usual poertry techniques, but especially symbolism. And as to physical journey, so you take the line that sh euses physicla symbols ot represent other things, you can say that an inner journey (or imaginative) can be experienced in almost physical terms.
Goo dluck

Dr_Doom

HSC
I thought Journey to the Interior was an Inner journey... Anyways, our teacher said to know 2 or more texts thoroughly, so I chose The Road not Taken, and Wind in the Willows. They seem to be easy enough. And they can be specific with skrzynecki's poems so I'll just learn em all :p

SebLG

HSC
Journey to the Interior is an imaginative journey, comparing travel through a mysterious landscape to a journey to the depths of the human psyche. its all about the central metaphor ... imaginative.

Danm999

HSC
There is plenty of things you can say about Journey to the Interior from a physical journey perspective, and if you say it well, you do well.

It's a poem which, by use of juxtaposed imagery, makes you consider domestic (or inner) impacts a physical journey has. BUT, it doesn't provide the cliche view that "oh wow I've had a journey and now I'm a much better, well rounded person". It says, inner development is as fruitless and dangerous as a physical journey in the challenging landscape provided.

islandtime

HSC
Riviet said:
Journey to the Interior is probably not the best text for physical journeys. If you still want to do it, you can check out these notes that mazza has submitted here.
Which text do you think would be best for physical journeys?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Gangles.McGee said:
The Road Not Taken is a good text for physical journeys.
No not really. It fits the actual journey focus quite neatly but other than that, it is overused.

If you want to be challenged and are a competent english student I would recommend Journey into the Interior for Physical Journeys. Interpreting the text metaphorically to cater for theses such as "physical treks lead to self-actualisation by challenging our world view and forcing the traveler to reflect upon their entrenched societal codes" would definitely set you apart.

Having said that you'll go down in flames if it is obvious that you only chose atwood's verse poetry because you wanted to be 'different'. Only choose it if your heart is set on it and you have a genuine interest in it (esp. poetry).

islandtime

HSC
bobness said:
No not really. It fits the actual journey focus quite neatly but other than that, it is overused.

If you want to be challenged and are a competent english student I would recommend Journey into the Interior for Physical Journeys. Interpreting the text metaphorically to cater for theses such as "physical treks lead to self-actualisation by challenging our world view and forcing the traveler to reflect upon their entrenched societal codes" would definitely set you apart.

Having said that you'll go down in flames if it is obvious that you only chose atwood's verse poetry because you wanted to be 'different'. Only choose it if your heart is set on it and you have a genuine interest in it (esp. poetry).
Thanks, I think i'll do Journey into the Interior as I find it the most interesting and easy to relate to . Once again thanks!

islandtime

HSC
Ok i need a little bit of help and opinions please!

I'm doin journey into the interior for one of 3 txt for a speech on physical journey's and i don't know which one of this would be the best direction to go with in regards to this poem so any help on the following would greatly be appreciated!

- the poem is the physical journey of life
- physical journesy are used as a metaphor for inner journey's
-inner journey's are used as a metaphor for physical journey's
- The poem switches metaphors of physical journeys to inner journey's throughout ultimatly resulting in a physical journey

?????? ANY opinions or thought please share!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)