• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Journeys Personal Response (1 Viewer)

SaorisJay

HSC
Hey all. I've been set a take home assignment in which I have to discuss certain aspects of "Away", a text from the stimulus booklet and a related articule attatched and reffer to a given statement. The word limit is 1500 words (although its not in the marking criteria...) I was wondering, does the marker want me to talk about ONE character from each text or several? Because I'm running very close to the word limit after talking about ONE character from each text. Reply asap plz lol thx

HSC
well i guess it would depend on what would allow u to carry out an effective analysis. If the marker hasnt mentioned how many characters to use, then it has obviously been left up to u and what u feel as though would be best. Therefore, it depends on how u feel the essay would be most meaningul - uve already talked about one character from each text, as u have said, and if it is a coherent, sophisticated essay which answers the question and has a strong thesis, then i would say leave it. However, if analysing more than one character is necessary to elucidate your viewpoint, u cud also do that too.

HSC
Just a final point, english is all about opinion, so u need to have one and be able to back it up, thats why a lot of things are not stipulated, but rather allow for various interpretations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)