• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Journeys (1 Viewer)

jesst

Okay, so anyone sick of 'Journeys'?
I think English has killed me.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i was trying to watch a movie the other day (Indiana Jones, actually!) and I couldn't believe how much analysing I was doing, without even realising... i'd pick out the use of colour and lights and then think about the music that was accompanying the scene... my teacher, of course, was wrapped when i told him that english had officially RUINED my chances of EVER watching a movie in peace again!!!!

maybe a little over-exaggerated, but you know what I mean!! :)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
mishka said:
i was trying to watch a movie the other day (Indiana Jones, actually!) and I couldn't believe how much analysing I was doing, without even realising... i'd pick out the use of colour and lights and then think about the music that was accompanying the scene... my teacher, of course, was wrapped when i told him that english had officially RUINED my chances of EVER watching a movie in peace again!!!!

maybe a little over-exaggerated, but you know what I mean!! :)
totally agree. studying Of Mice and Men in year nine did that for me. all that fuckin foreshadowing.

i hate journeys. it's a stupid wanky AoS. we mock the hell out of it. on x-country my friend and i were like "oh my god...we could use our journey from this telegraph pole to that tree as an english text! the physical journey of the movement, and the inner journey of going from really disliking cross country to absoutely loathing it!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)