• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Key questions in legal arrr (1 Viewer)

KazzaG

HSC
1) what kind of behaviour are criminalised why ?

2) how does the pratical operation of crimnal process influence enforcement of the law

3) to what exteention is there a proper balance bewteen the rights of a victim and the rights of the community and between rights of the victim and rights of accussed

4) how effective are various forms of punishment in achieving their objectives

any help would be great

cxlxoxk

HSC
1) What kind of behaviour are criminalised why?

Behaviour that has had no previous legislation against it, but which is now seen as wrong, is criminalised. I think...

2) How does the pratical operation of crimnal process influence enforcement of the law?

The arrest (handcuffs etc) positively influences the enforcement of law, it means the criminal can't be a danger to the community for the time being, (because he is being held at a police station and hands are behind his back.

The decision for bail or remand, positively influences the enforcement of law, so that those who pose a significant threat are locked up until their trial, and pose no more danger till their trial.

The trial influences the enforcement of law, by making the enforcement of law fairer, everyone commiting an indictable offence is entitled to a fair trial, where they will be assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt (criminal)/on the balance of probabilities (civil).

The sentencing process, influences the enforcement of law, by allowing those who show remorse or have other things to be taken into consideration (previous criminal record?, children? etc...) to get a lesser sentence. It also allows those who have honestly rehabilitated during the course of a jail term to be eligible for parole.

___

Warning, i have not done legal studies for over 2 months, please check this information/get someone else to check it to see if it is correct. I can't guarantee any accuracy.

3) To what extent is there a proper balance bewteen the rights of a victim and the rights of the community and between rights of the victim and rights of accussed?

The adverserial system of trial ensures that both sides of a criminal case get heard during trial. Plea bargaining allows the accused to accept to a lesser sentence, whilst, whilst the use of a jury tries to ensure a fair decision is made on behalf of both the accused and the victim...

Sorry i don't like this question, i'm not prepared enough to answer it, i'm not even sure if what i said so far was any good or not.

4) How effective are various forms of punishment in achieving their objectives?

Too long, not answering, quite a few forms of punishment, and they each have their own objectives.

*Baby-K*

HSC
1) what kind of behaviour are criminalised why ?

2) how does the pratical operation of crimnal process influence enforcement of the law

3) to what exteention is there a proper balance bewteen the rights of a victim and the rights of the community and between rights of the victim and rights of accussed

4) how effective are various forms of punishment in achieving their objectives

any help would be great
You shouldn't have someone do your homework for you. Buy yourself or borrow from the library Legal Studies Prelim/HSC Excel Books they answer all Key questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)