• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Kid doing Standard English (1 Viewer)

tinky

Hey …….
i am doing standard English and I am having a terrible time with creative writing ,since u people doing 4u English r so smart ….can u plz help me .I don’t know what to write about let alone know how to write it.

thanx
-------------------------------------------------------
tinky5@hotmail.com

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Only your heart can guide you in this.

Actually that's a cliched way to say I can't help you. A lot of people I know didn't even know what they were doing for six months.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
My advice with creative writing would be to just write a story about yourself, something you feel very strongly about. If you look at a picture and you think to yourself, has something like this happened to me, or would I like it to, thats a good place to start.

Only you know your personal experiences, the marker isnt going to care that your story isnt original, its when you steal other peoples work that its a problem.

Your conversion to a religion isnt a good one to use though... lots of people try and do it and the markers dont really care. Unless its particularly exciting or whatever its not going to get you that many marks.

Basically, choose something personal that you feel you can write about (if you feel it, the markers should feel it too), not a conversion but a life experience. Thats the best way you can go about a creative writing task.

*Gizmo*

HSC
Exactly!!!

its always best to write about something you know about! something you feel strongly about. If you have been given a topic that you dont know all that much about- research it so you know what you are talking about :)

zerzillia

write from your personal experience.

contrary to thought, you can improve your english marks.

do you have an english journal? our teacher used to make us write at least 2 pages each week, but since sometime last term she hasn't pressed us to do that. if you don't have that for your class/school you could do your own one. i am not suggesting a diary, that's different. an english journal is where you can be as creative as you want and write in any style/form you want. you can write your opinions on topics or a short story or a poem. my teacher even allows us to express our teen angst in our journal (haha, she's that great!) but we're allowed to stick the pages together if we don't want her to read it. it's a great thing too because she doesn't mark it. :)

if you have imagination run with! XD

good luck to you! i hope you do good in standard english!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)