kinross wolaroi '22 p1 question (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i tried understanding what the text is abt and i have no clue except for the experience of accepting mistakes rather than fixating on them
can someone help plsssss

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 9.44.33 am.pngScreenshot 2023-09-25 at 9.44.47 am.png

user18181818

HSC
Visual imagery is effectively used throughout Text 5 to explore the cathartic emotions the persona experiences after realising his past can't be buried and instead, he needs to face it head on. The visual imagery in 'a pair of kites, red with long blue tails, soaring in the sky', is effectively used in conjunction with the personification of 'it danced' to reveal the desire of the persona to feel free, drawing parallels to his confined emotions associated his past to where he wants to be in the future. The simile in 'like a pair of eyes' emphasises the persona's fear of someone watching him due to his inability to accept and move on from his past 'sins'. Moreover, the motif of a 'deserted alley' symbolises the past of the persona and further expresses his emotions of distress and regret when thinking about the past. Through representing the persona's emotions as he struggles to feel content with moving on from the past, the visual imagery used is effective.
idk i kind of made up a lot of it because the text was confusing

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
i feel like you can pretty easily bs your way to a 20/20 for short answers, just spam techniques and human experiences and youll be fine

edit: as in I mean you don't have to deeply understand it as long as you can catch the main theme and just write about things associated iwth that theme

nsw..wollongong

HSC
we read that novel in year 10
thank you for sharing
Visual imagery is effectively used throughout Text 5 to explore the cathartic emotions the persona experiences after realising his past can't be buried and instead, he needs to face it head on. The visual imagery in 'a pair of kites, red with long blue tails, soaring in the sky', is effectively used in conjunction with the personification of 'it danced' to reveal the desire of the persona to feel free, drawing parallels to his confined emotions associated his past to where he wants to be in the future. The simile in 'like a pair of eyes' emphasises the persona's fear of someone watching him due to his inability to accept and move on from his past 'sins'. Moreover, the motif of a 'deserted alley' symbolises the past of the persona and further expresses his emotions of distress and regret when thinking about the past. Through representing the persona's emotions as he struggles to feel content with moving on from the past, the visual imagery used is effective.
idk i kind of made up a lot of it because the text was confusing
ur an angel thank you so much!!!
i feel like you can pretty easily bs your way to a 20/20 for short answers, just spam techniques and human experiences and youll be fine

edit: as in I mean you don't have to deeply understand it as long as you can catch the main theme and just write about things associated iwth that theme
no man its kinda hard to do it when i don't even understand the text at all

user18181818

HSC

noooo fr it's the trickiest section in the whole paper especially with texts that make no sense

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
noooo fr it's the trickiest section in the whole paper especially with texts that make no sense
Surely not

Even If they don't make sense they'll always have a pretty clear theme --> nostalgia, hope etc. That you can talk about

At least in ny experience, mod c is by far the hardest followed by B

breadcrumbs

HSC
lowkey in my trial i had no idea what any of my texts were even talking abt i just interpreted it in my own way and tried to link it to the qn and just hoped to gaslight the marker into thinking i knew what i was talking abt

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
lowkey in my trial i had no idea what any of my texts were even talking abt i just interpreted it in my own way and tried to link it to the qn and just hoped to gaslight the marker into thinking i knew what i was talking abt
writing bs and gaslighting the marker that what ur saying is right and true and factual is the only way to do paper 1 section 1

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
bro just memorise literary techiniques and you're fine

all this is assuming my teacher is marking to hsc standard (which he says he is because he is an ex hsc marker)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
bro just memorise literary techiniques and you're fine

all this is assuming my teacher is marking to hsc standard (which he says he is because he is an ex hsc marker)
nah see that's what puts me off bc one hsc marker gives me a 12/20 and the other gives me a rlly high mark even tho they're both senior markers???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)