• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

late round offers help pls (1 Viewer)

uforce

HSC
well lads im in a little not so fantastic situation n i need some advise asap, cheers

at the moment i have one offer from uts n that innovation engineering, my uai is 86.75 n the cut off for innovation engineering is 85.00, fair call, i can live with that. but interior design (cut off is 83.25) is also one of my preferences, however they didnt give me an offer for that, n unfortunately theres no vacancies for interior design at uts after the main round offers. now this question is, is there any chance of me gettin an offer for interior design in the late round offer or am i just totally screwed?

n also, the careers advisor at my old school says it is possible to get in any course with a uai of 65 (except for law and medicine courses), does anyone know wat he is talkin about?

PLS lads, any advise would make me a happier man, cheers

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
uforce said:
n also, the careers advisor at my old school says it is possible to get in any course with a uai of 65 (except for law and medicine courses), does anyone know wat he is talkin about?
i got some info in the mail on the Macquarie University SIBT pathways.. its basically 66 uai and you can get into diploma courses of commerce, communications, arts etc. under 66 uai, you can still get in, doing something called a standard track, where you do less subjects in the semester.. given you pass most of your subs, you are guaranteed a place in 2nd year university (even though it will remain a diploma in x).

im not sure about your first question though, i have no idea.. an option could be calling up the uac infoline.. u gotta look that one up as well

ok, within regards to ur situation this is what i think.
u might be lucky and get into interior. but the question is did u put it as ur
1st pref in da late round? there is a chance of getting in, cause 1) not everyone that got an offer into interior will accept it, therefore although it dosen't have a "V" next to it, however there might be still space. 2) ur UAI is a liitle above the cut-off so if they are gonna start to consider people for this course in da late round, they will start with the people who have higher UAI's and then go down.

so look i think that u have a great chance at gettin in.
Good Luck
hope that helps.

let us know 2morrow if u got in or not.

cheers

uforce

HSC
rather unfortunate that my luck has ran out, interior design was marked with * in the 2006 late round cut-offs

so now this is how its gonna be, i have an offer for engineering innovation n i have accepted it, is there anyway i can get into interior design at all considerin i will be a student in UTS?

cheers

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
uforce said:
rather unfortunate that my luck has ran out, interior design was marked with * in the 2006 late round cut-offs

so now this is how its gonna be, i have an offer for engineering innovation n i have accepted it, is there anyway i can get into interior design at all considerin i will be a student in UTS?

cheers
You can attempt a transfer at the end of the year using a combination of your UAI and uni results.

This thread is a real good review of the transfer process if you want more info: http://community.boredofstudies.org/330/transfers/45647/topic-university-transfers.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)