Law courses at Tafe? (1 Viewer)

born2bkinggg

HSC
Hey,

I did shit in my HSC so i can't do Bachelor of Law at any uni. However i was wondering if there are any courses in tafe relating to law so that i can transfer to uni?

please help
thanks.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
the heck..no such thing..law is a straight tradition of university level...unless tafe changes..but I doubt that in YEARS to come

uac.aplcnt

HSC
actually, I think i was PARTLY mistaken by your OP/ comment..I saw a few cert 1 and/or 2 courses on law at tafe..I think it was paralegal courses or something..

but you never could TRANSFER from ANY TAFE courses, the term 'transfer' is officially only for university courses and is only used to change from uni to another uni..never tafe to uni and vversa

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi,
TAFE do not offer any courses that could lead you directly into a law course. However, UWS offer combined law degrees, such as Bachelor of Business and Commerce/Bachelor of Laws among others, therefore you could do a Certificate IV or diploma at TAFE and use that to get into the non-law component of the degree. Depending on the university course you decide to do and if you do the most appropriate TAFE course, you may be entitled to credit.
If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Course Information Line on 1300 897 669 or study@uws.edu.au
Best regards,
UWS Info

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
this is pretty late but there are law SUBJECTS you can do at tafe, there's a business law and a company law subject if you do the accounting course. business law is quite easy dealing with contract law, torts, and memorising cases. (introduced in 2nd semester)

company law deals with law strictly applied to companies, this subject is introduced in the final 4th semester)

Rohanco

HSC
If you feel you have the dedication you can always do the HSC at TAFE, yes it's a definite possibility to transfer to Uni with a TAFE diploma, but obviously it's a lot harder to get into uni through TAFE rather than being a recent school leaver with a good ATAR. The HSC is tougher at TAFE than it is at typical state High Schools, if you think you can pull it off with some dedication then do it. Just something to consider :)

Rohanco

HSC
this is pretty late but there are law SUBJECTS you can do at tafe, there's a business law and a company law subject if you do the accounting course. business law is quite easy dealing with contract law, torts, and memorising cases. (introduced in 2nd semester)

company law deals with law strictly applied to companies, this subject is introduced in the final 4th semester)
Do you know anyone who has transferred into Uni after doing those TAFE courses, just curious.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
Do you know anyone who has transferred into Uni after doing those TAFE courses, just curious.
me. I transferred to usyd after maintaining a distinction average. I also met a few peeps at usyd with high CR averages. a couple of friends transferred to uws after maintaining pass average. as long as you have have a cert III or IV I reckon uws accepts anyone. a friend had over 4 fails yet uws accepted him - but BBus/BLaw probably has more stringent entry reqs cf. BBus.

RE: your previous post, I wouldn't be able to compare very well because I had major issues during HSC, but it felt like the difficulty of accounting at TAFE (accounting cert III to adv dip) was comparable to year 10.
I was never good at maths either, throughout the duration of TAFE, i had no idea how to rearrange equations, use algebra, or even convert fractions into percentages etc lolol. i had to learn that shit for uni though.

Last edited:

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hey,

I did shit in my HSC so i can't do Bachelor of Law at any uni. However i was wondering if there are any courses in tafe relating to law so that i can transfer to uni?

please help
thanks.
Hi, TAFE NSW offers a Diploma in Legal Services. You could opt to study this Diploma, or any other course at TAFE that you feel you would do well in, provided it is a Certificate 3 or above, and use the qualification to then apply to UWS. At UWS, if you complete one year full-time or equivalent of university study, a TAFE diploma or advanced diploma, or a University diploma you will be eligible to apply for our Bachelor of Laws (Non-Graduate Entry). This is a four year full-time or equivalent course. Please note admission is competitive. For more information on how this would all work, please our Course Information team 1300 897 669 or study@uws.edu.au. Best regards, UWS Course Info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)