Legal Predictions? (1 Viewer)

tbrooke18

HSC
I think i might have stuffed up my crime question. I didnt talk about young offenders, instead i talked about law reform regarding police powers and bail. Is that bad?
not necessarily. i'm pretty sure it said we were supposed to refer to the specific example given (age of criminal responsibility) but that wasn't what the whole essay was about, so you could have talked about multiple other areas of reform (police powers, bail, juries, etc), including the age of criminal responsibility. but given the quote was about a suggested reform (hypothetical, not yet happening), it was harder to address in my opinion and most of my class agreed. so most of us didn't talk much about raising the age of criminal responsibility - just wrote briefly about it.

Longelbow89

HSC
not necessarily. i'm pretty sure it said we were supposed to refer to the specific example given (age of criminal responsibility) but that wasn't what the whole essay was about, so you could have talked about multiple other areas of reform (police powers, bail, juries, etc), including the age of criminal responsibility. but given the quote was about a suggested reform (hypothetical, not yet happening), it was harder to address in my opinion and most of my class agreed. so most of us didn't talk much about raising the age of criminal responsibility - just wrote briefly about it.
I had so much trouble deciding whether or not to talk about criminal responsibility. I thought it was just a context sentence for the quote by the NSW attorney general bc without it, the quote would have been pretty random. I didn't talk about criminal responsibility bc i have absolutely no law reform on it. I just talked about bail, mandatory sentencing and consent laws regarding alcohol :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)