Levels of English (1 Viewer)

janev

HSC
N/A
Can someone please clear this up for me?
Okay so i know there's standard, advanced, ext 1 and then ext 2 in english. If a person were to do EE1, is it a completely different class to advanced english or do they do adv eng and then another class? Can you only do ext 2 eng in year 12 or can you immediately pick that subject for year 11 and 12? I'm so confused and when i ask teachers, they don't really tend to directly answer me. Can someone please explain?

Thanks

medicore

HSC
EE1 means that they do the Advanced Course and Also the EE1 course, two different classes.
Also for EE2 you can only pick it up in year 12.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
If you do English Extension 1, you are doing Advanced English + English Extension 1 (3 units). So from what I know, there would be a different class for Advanced English and English Extension 1.

You can only do English Extension 2 in year 12.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
EE1 means that they do the Advanced Course and Also the EE1 course, two different classes.
Also for EE2 you can only pick it up in year 12.
Sorry, didn't see your post at the time.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Everyone in the state has to do some kind of english (either standard or advanced, or maybe esl if they've been in aus less than 3 years iirc). Only those doing advanced are able to do extention I, and only those doing advanced and ext I are able to do ext II.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced, 3U and 4U would require you to be quite competitive and slightly more talented than Standard English Students. Workload would roughly be the same as Standard.

Standard English has the 'weaker' bunch of English Students meaning rank wise it will be a lot easier and way less competitive than Advanced, although, it's much harder achieving band 5 and 6 in comparison to Advanced English. Also the workload is roughly the same, although, you're going to be studying texts that are slightly easier than the Advanced caliber.

Summarily, it depends on how well you think you'll do, if you want competition and more chance of getting band 5 or 6, and are a quite capable English Student, then for Advanced or above. Only do Standard if you're guranteed to top the cohort and you know that you're going to maintain this throughout the year and hopefully ace the exam also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)