Lifting devices (1 Viewer)

richz

:URGENT: Lifting devices

hello there

does any one know why the development of the size and capacity of the crane has halted??

thnx

Last edited by a moderator:

richz

anyone plz........... i really need sum info on this

thnx :O

richz

ok thnx, are u sure abt that? cuz just the way u say it gives the idea that ur not all that sure

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
that's right champ...the cranes they got now have done the job needed and thus far there hasn't been a job where larger capacity cranes need to be used...if that sounds more convincing :D

richz

o ok thnx guys :) just never thut it was so easy because i rember my teacher saying it wasnt that simple

Last edited by a moderator:

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
You could talk about how larege cranes are impractical. Say a company was building a new sky-scaper which was to be 400m high. Using a 400m + crane would be stupid.
Think of a lever 400m long and you put something that weighed a couple of tonnes on the end. It would take a HUGE amount of force to lift it, defeating the purpose of the crane.
It's easier to use smaller cranes, and move them up when needed.

Mat_Aussie

HSC
Hey Guys,

i believe that the reason is that there is no demand for the general use, standard building, tower crane

but there are specialty cranes that have been built

i believe that there is a 100m or 1000m long crane, functioning in a mine somewhere in western queensland or northern territory. for every 1 metre the operator box moves the end of the boom moves 1000m and travels of speeds up to 0-100km/h in less that 3 seconds

well thats my two cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)