Linking pomo techniques to theorists? (1 Viewer)

Tinkluvsyou114

HSC
Hey all,

I get the postmodern techniques, and I understand what postmodern theorists and theories are on about (when I read them: don't ask me to tell you off the top of my head), but I just don't get how the techniques link to the theorists!

I mean: what theories do you attribute postmodern techniques like pastiche, self reflexivity, metafiction, magic realism, digression, playfullness, foregrounding, temporal disorder and narrative gaps to?

I know that some of them are easy, like reader interpretation (Death of the Author, signs/signifiers), intertextuality and the rejection of the grand narrative, but most of the other techniques I just can't categorise or attribute to.

Any thoughts on the subject would be wonderful!

Tinkluvsyou114

HSC
Hey,
Thanks, that is helpful. I get what you mean about finding thel links, I think. I've continued to trawl through information and I'm getting there slowly, but it's such a process, so much to get the head around!! Thanks for your help :) I'm about to write my essay for ext1 now, so I'll probably hit another couple of brick walls...eh, I'll get there eventually.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)