• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Linking texts (1 Viewer)

pauralotter

HSC
Hey im just wondering if anyone can give me some help, im doing telling the truth, and my related texts are "Catch me if you can" and "Homer:Badman". Im not sure which Frontline episodes to link with these texts and what ideas or themes can be linked or seen in all of them. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. Thankyou:)

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
Im doing "Catch me if you can" too. I talked about the image that he portrays of himself and how its established (ie. techniques lol) and then the reality of who and what he is. I linked this to Mike's characterisation and the difference between his onscreen and offscreen personas. You can also relate this to the siege when Marty is crouching to create a 'dangerous' atmosphere except that almost EVERYONE uses that technique (i suppose cos its easy lol).

I have no idea for the simpsons episode. Personally i would use a different text type cos Frontline and the SImpsons are both TV shows. It doesnt really show that you have wide range especially as all your texts are visual.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I really don't think it matters what self selected texts you choose - provided that you effectively analyse and link each text to the other and the question. :D It's better doing similar texts and analysing it well, rather than choosing texts of a different medium and giving a weak analysis.

It really depends on what works well fo you :)

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
im just repeating what my teacher told me. What she says is pretty reliable although you make a pretty valid point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)