Logical question .. (2 Viewers)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
This was in my 2unnit paper, and I shouldnt care (since i do 4u) about the mark but this question is seriously bugging me, I need to get it out of my system.

Q is - Guy opens museum and the first day he accumulates 468 visitors, and every passing day, there is one-third of the visitors from the previous day.

a = 468
r = 1/3

b) Find the number of visitors on the 6th day -> answer is 2, yes i got it, but this leads to the next questino which is annyoing me.

c) What is the total amount of visitors to the museum?

I have a large dillema here - at first, I thought it asked total amount of visitors as in from day 1 to day 6, which added up to 728 people. However, asking the teacher, he said "total as it total, all days' and so I used a / 1-r to derive my answer, which turned out to be 729.

From the context of the question, you cannot have 2/3 people so the answer is 278, but from a logical (geometric series) POV, limiting sum makes it 729.

So what would you mark right? I wrote down both answers but I'm wondering if I could challenge it.

I cannot let this dumb shit trick questino rid me of my 100%!

zingerburger

HSC
I would challenge it because 728 is the right answer in my opinion. Like you said, you can't have two-thirds of a person.

But seeing as you wrote down both answers, it sort of shows that you weren't being definitive, so that might take away some credibility in your argument. But still definitely worth challenging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)