• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

looking for after school jobs (1 Viewer)

ris08

HSC
Hey everyone,
For those currenlty in high schoool/have graduated,did you guys do any part time jobs in highschool and if so where?I currently do marking for a tuition centre but the rate is super low $10/hr and they are always severely understaffed,so we are often working 3-4 hours with no breaks.
What places accept 15-16 year olds?and does anyone know where I could apply?I was trying to see if there was any avaliale at cha time,chemist warehouse othe reatil stores but I'm not sure where to apply and where there is avalialility,preferably a place that has minimum wage at least:(
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!Thanks so much!

wildwestworm

HSC
Hey everyone,
For those currenlty in high schoool/have graduated,did you guys do any part time jobs in highschool and if so where?I currently do marking for a tuition centre but the rate is super low $10/hr and they are always severely understaffed,so we are often working 3-4 hours with no breaks.
What places accept 15-16 year olds?and does anyone know where I could apply?I was trying to see if there was any avaliale at cha time,chemist warehouse othe reatil stores but I'm not sure where to apply and where there is avalialility,preferably a place that has minimum wage at least:(
Hey I'm in year 12 now but I've had a job since year 11 at Coles as a cashier 😊 first of all your current job sounds so toxic. $10 is very little and you should be getting a break if you work more than three hours. Don't let them take advantage of you😥

I think the best places to apply are Coles/woolies, they usually hire 15-16 year olds and they're pretty accommodating. Also fast food places are more likely to hire teens too, but ik some people don't want to work in that type of environment. Even places like bakers delight, soul origin, target and Kmart (I got an interview at both kmart+target at 16), maybe even a cinema. I know some people that are around your age working at these places so I think it's worth a try. I would go on indeed and search up teen jobs/casual jobs, that's how I got an interview at Kmart.

Idk your circumstances but it's best you don't worry too much about getting a job in general, you'll have plenty of time to work in the future - but it's always your choice at the end of the day😊 good luck

wildwestworm

HSC

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
Hey everyone,
is this pre uni by any chance

carrotsss

HSC
im pretty sure $10/hour is illegal what, if u really wanted to you could probably chase that up and get them in trouble

anyway just apply to retail stores imo, retail>>hospitality generally, just think of every nearby retail place and apply to them either online or in person if they have applications open. if u cast a wide enough net you’re bound to find a place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)