Magnets in eelctricity generation (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
How are magnets used in the generation of eelctrical energy. I can only think of electromagnets and the magnet in a generator. Does anyone have any more info or a site which shows other ways magnets are used for electricity generation?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
davidbarnes said:
How are magnets used in the generation of eelctrical energy. I can only think of electromagnets and the magnet in a generator. Does anyone have any more info or a site which shows other ways magnets are used for electricity generation?
MR WALTER FENDT the physicist and mathematician.

http://www.walter-fendt.de/ph11e/index.html

They're Java applets, make sure you have Sun Java Runtime or equivalent installed !
This site is absolutely wonderful, a must see.

When a conductor moves through a magnetic field or a magnetic field is moving/changing on a conductor electricity is induced/produced.
(Induced voltage = -nΔФ/Δt)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Thanks. I actually have already downloaded those before and have them already. Never thought of checking them.

Noticed the title spelling error too.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I have talk about teh use of magnets in electricty generation. All i can find thoguh is the magnet in a generator and ican talk about that in under 20 seconds.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
so it's to be used in a speech eh?

in which case, you just need to elaborate it abit...
you may also include abit of history into it imho... say how faraday and his famous exmpt (esp iron ring) got us where we are today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)