mail merge (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
how do you answer questions which ask you to describe the steps that need to be taken to produce a mail merged letter?

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
but in a test how do you answer this type of question?

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
so by steps do you mean: go to FILE, the MAIL MERGE...? btw i just made those steps up

^___^
HSC
the doc. stated the process in fine details

but of course, some of you might not feel the need to do so

but definately, i would state what you need to have done, before starting the mail merge ie a database with records and fields properly defined and entered; a word document application ready.
then i would go and step out how it will be done technically, ie summarise that table in the doc file
and in the end, if it is one of those last questions that worth 5+ marks, i would explain how the data got in the doc.

d_griffo

HSC
yeh that attachment of mine is quite complex

<b>quick overview </b>
type a letter or use a template

go to tools and then to mail merger

then follow prompts

then insert the <address> or <name> into specific areas you want

then click Finish

shaz_rusty

Give a definition and then briefly state the steps invoved (which is found in the attachment provided by the other dude). Thats what i would do, you don't have to give specifics and another good thing to do is kinda roughly sketch what the finished product would look like.

shaz_rusty

yeah, if you have a quick read of the attachment, you will have a brief idea od what to write. Just have a read and you will understand. The following is from the attachment:

On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge to open the Mail Merge task pane.

In the task pane, click the document type you want to create. Click Next: Starting document at the bottom of the task pane to move to the next step.

Choose your starting document by clicking an option in the task pane.

Click Next: Select recipients at the bottom of the task pane.

You don't have to be so to the point, but kinda summarise the above . . note: the above isn't all of it, there is still more steps involoved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)