• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major help needed re: Critical Responces! (1 Viewer)

lost_kafei

HSC
Hey!

Basically, due to robbery of equiptment at my school, there is no way I can complete my film project for English Ex 2, and I have been forced to begin a new project :/

So I am asking anyone who can help me to do so.

I have decided to do a critical responce to Harry Potter and trying to find a root to it's popularity, but I really don't know anything about the style. So, what I was wondering, does anyone have sheets that they were given to them by their teachers that explain what has to be in it, or just explain what needs to be in it in their own words. Things like content and word limits/expectations would be a godsend.

Anything you have would be fantastic, I am really screwed at the moment so anyone that can help me would be fantastic.

My e-mail address is lost_kafei@hotmail.com if anyone could email me scanned documents re: English Extension 2 Critical responces.

Please, anyone who has information, I would apreciate it greatly.

Thanks a million everyone!

Iain Smith

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
:eek:

I'm so shocked and sorry for you!

I don't know much about critical responses, but in looking at harry potter go to places like fanfiction.net and look up the 0000000's of Harry Potter fanfics, if you draw conclusions amongst them you can find your answer. Also, there's the anti-potter christian books and the parodies to look through...oh, and the new movie and the new book.

As for why its popular, I think its got a lot to do with society's lack of romanticism and myth. We live through these books. In a world of dogma, these books are havens of protection. I think the rise of Wicker and Paganism - "particularly amongst women" radio national last night, has a lot to do with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)