MAJOR PROJECT: Constantine (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Has anyone got any thoughts on doing the major project on the conversion of Emperor Constantine? I've found heaps of good sources, contemporary and ancient, which debate whether Constantines conversion was for real or if he was already a Christian before the vision etc.

If anyones got any hints, ideas or has previously done this topic can u plz help! :)

Thanks!

X

xeuyrawp

ari89 said:
Has anyone got any thoughts on doing the major project on the conversion of Emperor Constantine? I've found heaps of good sources, contemporary and ancient, which debate whether Constantines conversion was for real or if he was already a Christian before the vision etc.

If anyones got any hints, ideas or has previously done this topic can u plz help! :)

Thanks!
Late Antiquity definitely is a time of great historical significance. :)

I would stay away from anything that assumes his 'visions' were real -- especially if your teachers aren't theists.

I'm not sure about what area would be good to do; I've never formally studied him. You could certainly compare Byzantine historians with later ones...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I found heaps of different historians with strong ideas opposing each other about whether Constantine was really a Christian. I think thats a good place to start.

X

xeuyrawp

ari89 said:
I found heaps of different historians with strong ideas opposing each other about whether Constantine was really a Christian. I think thats a good place to start.
Definitely is. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)