Major project help needed (1 Viewer)

PoonCyclone

HSC
N/A
I'm doing my major project on Robert Mugabe, and I'm having trouble finding historiographical points to talk about. My teacher has never taught Extension History, but says that it's a suitable personality to study.

From the syllabus point "contrasting approaches to a historical personality", I've developed the question ‘Evaluate the contribution of Robert Mugabe in enhancing the Black population of Zimbabwe’s quality of life from 1970 to the present‘.

I aimed to talk about the oppression under the white colonial government pre-1980 elections and how Mugabe came into power and stopped said oppression, portraying him as a sort of saviour or revolutionist. And for a contrasting approach, I was going to talk about the current state of Zimbabwe today; the hyper inflation, the disease and poverty, etc. But I can't think of how this relates to historiography. I've got a basic knowledge of the events themselves, and a few really relevant interviews lined up (a family friend that was part of the Rhodesian army before the 1980 elections, fled the country through South Africa when Mugabe came into power), but I can't just talk about the two differing viewpoints of Mugabe without relating it to a historiographical point/issue/debate, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)