Major Project (1 Viewer)

Juliet

HSC
What are you going to do or have done for your major project work?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
right now we're doing an assesment on databases... its a group assesement... doing it in pairs and its a killer! we spent ~7 hours gathering info, 5 hours on data entry, 3 hours on the design and all the definations and stuff... hmm almost done!we got a month to do it and its worth 10%.... but its not the MAJOR... i have no idea what the major is... but its going to be group work....

big_will08

Id hate to do group work!!
the others in my class arent too bright!

yeah, my first assessment was heaps easy! all we had to do was create an ERD, Datadictionary and answer a couple of questions and it was worth 20%

We're doing communication systems now and this assessment i got due in a fortnight is pretty easy too!

network topology, feasability study, PowerPoint prezzo and a user manual

given 3 weeks to do it!

In terms of the MAJOR WORK, i am hoping its got to do with multimedia and not "transaction processing" crap!!
hehe

Juliet

HSC
Transaction Processing is definately crap. I agree. Multimedia is cool.

We had to do one group project too, we created a Web Page. I was the picture person!:D

We have to do our major work later this year, for us its worth 15% maybe it isn't that MAJOR. But we have to do it alone.....:worried:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah transaction systems is crAaPy!! i read it in the holidays on my own and it seems pretty boring.. i wanna do multimedia for the option topic or decision support systems... but knowing my teacher (who is so pathetic)... he'll prb pick some stupid topic :chainsaw:

an individual major work? i thought all projets in ipt are group work? thats the way it is in my skool anyway.. its good coz we get a group mark as well as an individual mark :D

i reckon ipt is the most boring subject... :eek:

big_will08

hmmm thats weird
our school there is no GROUP work at all in HSC year
everything is going to be INDIVIDUAL work
which is good coz then other ppl wont get pissed off at me for leaving till the last minute! ;)

del

HSC
N/A
hmm we only ever had group work in year 11..
in year 12 we had a test for communication as well as info systems an assignment for multimedia, tps and project work....
our project was the least weighting if i recall correctly 15% with multimedia and tps being the most (they were combined into one massive assignment)

TPS is good, if your able to pull of a TPS style web based project as well as the written stuff you'll do pretty well, as its a cross of TPS, info systems and databases as well as multimedia.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I depends on your teacher, ours made us do all the group work in year 11 so that we didnt have to do any in yr 12 (coz she didnt think it was fair to rely on other people for marks that go towards your HSC, and I agree)

Our Major works were a joke, we had like 6 months to do them, and they were only worth 20%. I did mine in the last week.

To answer the initial question, I did a Database about all the universitys and the courses they offer. It was pretty big, but not difficult. It was good for me because it was stuff I was looking up and researching for personal use anyway. Our teacher barely even looked at the final products though, just our journals and research and stuff. I got 100%. What a joke!!! One girl in our class got a 3%. Why would you bother?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Last year for IPT I did a film database for my major project that sorted movies according to year made, actors, directors. I think the uni database that someone mentioned would have been a good idea, wish I thought of it at the time

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hi guys i need help for my database! i handed it in and i got 6/10 and i was really dissappointed... the whole class failed so it ust goes to show how crap my ipt teacher is!

yeah i need help... if any of you's have the time, please contact me? im allowed to redue it and rehand it in to raise my mark up..

thanks alot.

:D

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
hi guys i need help for my database! i handed it in and i got 6/10 and i was really dissappointed... the whole class failed so it ust goes to show how crap my ipt teacher is!

yeah i need help... if any of you's have the time, please contact me? im allowed to redue it and rehand it in to raise my mark up..

thanks alot.

:D
Just post up on this forum what problems you are encountering and I'm sure there will be help at hand.

If everyone failed there is nothing to worry about. All you have to worry about is to try and get the best possible rank in your class as possible (first is the best since you will be unaffected by your other class members for you IPT HSC Assessment mark i.e. they won't be able to drag your mark down with their performaces in the HSC).

big_will08

umm this is just a reminder to TOOHEYZ
i PMed you about your database problemo and you havent replied
oh well
ill just type it out here

im pretty proficient in Microsoft Database; ive made some pretty good databases for school and have designed one for my parent's company(works beautifully)!

so yeah, shoot your questions bro! ill be happy to help!

(im not gonna do your work for you tho...):D

Huy

HSC
N/A
(just realised i had an account here)

-anyway,

we havent received our major works yet
we're sluggish

just completed comm. systems
doing databases and info sys

took ages for project work (dont know why)
-- ipt is a sucky sub.

if it werent for me my school's average would be a failed mark...
UGH

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by big_will08
umm this is just a reminder to TOOHEYZ
i PMed you about your database problemo and you havent replied
oh well
ill just type it out here

im pretty proficient in Microsoft Database; ive made some pretty good databases for school and have designed one for my parent's company(works beautifully)!

so yeah, shoot your questions bro! ill be happy to help!

(im not gonna do your work for you tho...):D
heya dude. thanks for your help but i was really distracted with all the bloody assignments and all! i didnt get a chance to go onto BOS forum... its too distracting! LOL

yeah but thanks for your help tho! i fixed up my DB and i got 90%
its all good.

thanks again for your help big will :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)