• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major Work with ANIME??? (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Hey, I was wondering if anyone here had based their MW on anime (like a critical response), and if they could give me some advice??

I'm really stuck trying to find a good angle to analyse anime for my MW...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
um I'm not doing anything on anime but it should be relatively simple to play off the psuedo-religous cult relationships alot of them inspire and the fact that anime is simply an idealised and exaggerated version of what several japanese film makers thought of western animation hence the fact that in anime everyone is white, has slanted eyes and is extremely emotional...did any of that make sense?

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Postmodernism for 3U...

But, I think it'd be really tacky if I just analysed an anime with a Postmodern slant... the markers would probably think it showed lack of thought.

... Oh, and for 2U, The Journey (obviously, but I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole), In the Wild which is Malouf and... Wordsworth? Not sure... not up to that yet... probably won't look at that either, umm... looking at Citizen Kane, and then Frontline.

But, overall, I think everything in 2U is hard to link back to.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you want a critical response, try evaluating the post modern theory according to the sub sphere of the Japanese socio-structure and psyche, and relate it to the seemingly ambiguous anime, such as Ghost in the Shell or Akira or Mononoke Hime, with its seemingly unrelated perspectives to the allusions it draws upon through both a meshing of Western and Japanese ideas and their correspondence to the post modern theory.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Thanks for your input.

I'm now at the stage where I *think* I have my final idea - a theological approach to Haibane Renmei (not sure if any of you have seen it), but I'm still unsure of lots of things:

1) What to title it, and is the title of vital importance?
2) How to structure it, and the employment of footnotes and subheadings - do footnotes count towards the 5000 - 6000 word limit?
3) How to overcome the fact that the marker has most likely never even heard of Haibane Renmei?
4) Any need for glossary or appendix of anime/Shintoist/Buddhist/Judeo-Christian terms?

Argh!!! So clueless... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)