Major Works and high marks? (1 Viewer)

JinxBowman

HSC
Hey all!

So i'm just about to jump head first into year twelve. All of my major projects are already underway - music compositions/performances and drama - but i'm completely dumbfounded as to what I should do for Extension 2? What do the markers want to read?

Thanks!

Love Jinx :D

P.S: Those in the HSC right now, good luck! :inlove:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The markers want to read something, for lack of better word, good. Also unique if possible. Make sure to seek plenty of feedback and do lots of drafting. Don't be afraid to play around with it, don't be precious when editing it.

Writers have probably read a million trying to be unique stories however, and many fall flat. Don't attempt to make it weird intentionally and research it well. They will be up to their eyeballs in teen angst, dystopian and nihilistic works in general (HSC students tend to be a bit nihilistic with the stress :p). Don't fall into melodrama either, some parts of my story when I first wrote, damn, melodrama central haha It's easy to fall into.

There's always a degree of subjectivity with this subject-it's hard when it can go either well/not so good in school and then the total opposite externally!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)