Major! (1 Viewer)

zxreth

HSC
hey guys, just wanted to see how far you guys are into your assignments? personally, i haven't started yet. i've just been gathering up books and extracting relevant info from them thus far but i should be starting it sometime next week. anyways hope to hear how far into it you guys are! =]

Jakef

HSC
Barely halfway through, have enough information to maybe write half of my essay. I chose a shit topic and have to expand it into other new areas which I am yet to research. My original topic was looking at how diamonds were an influence for the 1991 civil war in sierra leone, and I have expanded it into how the abuse of resources in colonial times contibuted to this etc etc. Finding it hard to get any historians or areas of debate. In short im fuckkkkkedd.

zxreth

HSC
Barely halfway through, have enough information to maybe write half of my essay. I chose a shit topic and have to expand it into other new areas which I am yet to research. My original topic was looking at how diamonds were an influence for the 1991 civil war in sierra leone, and I have expanded it into how the abuse of resources in colonial times contibuted to this etc etc. Finding it hard to get any historians or areas of debate. In short im fuckkkkkedd.
too late to change topics?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
+1

I suggest you guys get the major over and done with ASAP, it'll make your life easier later ;)

Jakef

HSC
Way to late. I should manage if I get stuck into it, like I said I can write half of it as I stand now. Yesterday I did a synopsis (Of what I haven't written) so I hope that will act as a guide. The good thing our teacher said he won't mark people down for getting locked into a shit topic.

Jakef

HSC
After a long boring day I think I have the majority done, got about 2000 words and i still have bits to add here and there.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
hey guys, just wanted to see how far you guys are into your assignments? personally, i haven't started yet. i've just been gathering up books and extracting relevant info from them thus far but i should be starting it sometime next week. anyways hope to hear how far into it you guys are! =]
Things are going quite splendidly for my project. I'm looking at the portrayal of women in Classical Greek representation Art and Mythology and whether that contributed to the Medieval stereotype of a 'witch'. Which is quite interesting. I went to a few museums (more for fun than the actual major) and have looked at some online museum catalogues such as the British Museum and the Museum in Athens, for some archaeological sources. And have researched into quite a few Classical texts regarding mythology for the construction of feminine portrayals. So far I have attained the majority of the base information for my project, just have to research some Historians to zap in the Historiography and I'm all set. Then just more editing, referencing, and other parts of the project will need to be completed. n_n Having so much fun doing this project.

Way to late. I should manage if I get stuck into it, like I said I can write half of it as I stand now. Yesterday I did a synopsis (Of what I haven't written) so I hope that will act as a guide. The good thing our teacher said he won't mark people down for getting locked into a shit topic.
Never too late to change, mate. You sound like you're hating it a lot, which is only going to make getting it done so much harder. If I was you, I would have changed topics to something you enjoyed. The major work will now become a tedious chore for you, when really it should be a grand learning experience for you and a project that you should enjoy. I wish you the best of luck with your project, and hope all goes well.

After a long boring day I think I have the majority done, got about 2000 words and i still have bits to add here and there.
Congratulations. Glad to know I'm up to speed with everyone else's progression. Being the only student at my school doing History Extension makes it difficult to know whether I'm on track all the time. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's your question/s / focus area for the major work? n_n

zxreth

HSC
haha well i guess im not going as fast as you guys are! just started today after weeks of information collection from local and usyd library! only on 530 words so far :(

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
haha well i guess im not going as fast as you guys are! just started today after weeks of information collection from local and usyd library! only on 530 words so far :(
Still plenty of time left n_n. My teacher would like it to be completed early, as she won't look at drafts but instead she passes it around to the teachers at our school and other schools to help with the editting process. Usyd has a plethora of resources, and so does Macquarie University. You can get a library card for like $25, which allows you to borrow sources; which is great! I'll go find the link somewhere, give me a tick.

EDIT: Here's the link:http://www.lib.mq.edu.au/borrowing/hsc-extension.html

What topic / question are you doing for your project?

Last edited:

zxreth

HSC
thanks for the link, but i'm pretty sure usyd's 9 storey research section is enough haha. thanks anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)