Mark my Introduction (1 Viewer)

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
Text: Great Expectations
Q: Analyse, explain and assess the ways the concept of belonging is represented in the text.

introduction:

Belonging can be represented in a number of ways through numerous texts. In Charles Dickens’ 19th century literary masterpiece ‘Great Expectations’ belonging is represented by the moral growth of characters , character relationships and social barriers to belonging.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Your first sentence is redundant if you are only doing one text in the essay. I would start by giving a general overview as to what belonging may represent. Then you can say that that is how it is shown through 'Great expectations'

Eg.

Belonging represents the need for individuals to find a sense of community. This results in the growth of individuals and there understanding of the world around them. This is particularly evident in the 19th century novel 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens. Dickens shows that the individuals desire for belonging causes a growth in the character.

Something like that. I haven't done belonging so I can't give you the wording. But the formating should still be applicable.

Definition
Reasoning
Text Name
Summary

Each sentence should fulfill this criteria.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
oh ok. how bout sumin like this.

"Belonging represents the need for individuals to find their identity and place within a society. This results in the growth of individuals and their comprehension of the world around them. Charles Dickens’ 19th century serial ‘Great Expectations’ represents belonging through the moral growth of characters, their relationships and the barriers towards belonging created by social class"

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Sounds good. To me, it seems much more complete now, than your original introduction. Now your just need to follow it up with the rest of the essay. :)

jiratic

HSC
would aso recommend addressing the rubric (wording of the syllabus), and try integrating that into the introduction if you can, otherwise absolutezero's advice on format is spot on for the introduction, addressing rubric never loses you mark

bored of sc

HSC
Develop the introduction a bit. It should be concise preview and basis for further discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)