Math assessment 😭 (1 Viewer)

Camellia.pinky

HSC
Hi,

I did my math ex 1 exam for this term which is worth 25% for internals. It was terrible, I ran out of time, made up some numbers, and I estimated myself with a mark of 83% ish. I was coming first in task 1 (worth 20%), and the next set of people was only like 3% behind me, and my rank is going to definitely drop after this exam. There are like 5 people (including me) competing for rank 1.
Do I still have the chance to recover rank 1? 😭

Many thanks,

Pinky

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
First, the performance of your peers is relevant in terms of determining whether your rank will be lower following your performance in your exam and if so, how much your rank will drop. 83% does not seem like a bad mark and your position may end up not being as bad as you think it will be, especially if the rest of the cohort did not perform at a higher standard, unless it was considered to be an easy exam, in which case the performance of your cohort may end up being favourable. Of course, you know your circumstances best.

However, your favourable performance in task 1 (and the fact that it led you to placing first), as well as the fact that there is 55% of your internal performance that is yet to be determined, indicate that, should you lose your position following this exam, you are able to recover your rank. This means that going forward, you should do your utmost to thoroughly prepare for your upcoming assessment tasks/exams, which will hopefully allow you to perform at the highest possible standard in those, and ultimately maximise your chances of recovering your rank. From that point, you will have placed yourself in a comfortable position as you approach your Mathematics Extension HSC exam.

I hope this helps! 😄

Camellia.pinky

HSC
First, the performance of your peers is relevant in terms of determining whether your rank will be lower following your performance in your exam and if so, how much your rank will drop. 83% does not seem like a bad mark and your position may end up not being as bad as you think it will be, especially if the rest of the cohort did not perform at a higher standard, unless it was considered to be an easy exam, in which case the performance of your cohort may end up being favourable. Of course, you know your circumstances best.

However, your favourable performance in task 1 (and the fact that it led you to placing first), as well as the fact that there is 55% of your internal performance that is yet to be determined, indicate that, should you lose your position following this exam, you are able to recover your rank. This means that going forward, you should do your utmost to thoroughly prepare for your upcoming assessment tasks/exams, which will hopefully allow you to perform at the highest possible standard in those, and ultimately maximise your chances of recovering your rank. From that point, you will have placed yourself in a comfortable position as you approach your Mathematics Extension HSC exam.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much, I feel a little better now, I definitely need to work a lot harder for next exams. This exam was a little bit harder and hopefully my ranks will not shift that much.

thanks, pinky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)