Maths 2u and ext 1 Thread (2 Viewers)

P

pLuvia

ill help you with any question from the general, 2u, ext 1 Qs.. :p

Guernica

HSC
I am completely lost/screwed with quadratic expressions. It all looks and seems so simple, but I just can't do it. "Identity of Quadratic Expressions"

Help anyone? Like.. how do I do:
If 2x^2 + x + 1 and a(x + 1)(x - 2) + b(x-1) + c are equal fr all values of x, find a, c and c.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
Guernica said:
I am completely lost/screwed with quadratic expressions. It all looks and seems so simple, but I just can't do it. "Identity of Quadratic Expressions"

Help anyone? Like.. how do I do:
If 2x^2 + x + 1 and a(x + 1)(x - 2) + b(x-1) + c are equal fr all values of x, find a, c and c.
Expand and equate co-efficients:
2x^2 + x + 1 = ax^2 - ax - 2 + bx - b + c
So a = 2
1 = b - a
so b = 3
c - b - 2 = 1
so c = 6

P

pLuvia

sinist4 said:
hey
what topic you guys up to?
if you do 2 unit maths.
ta
well my friends are up to trig and i do 3u and we're up to circle geo.. lol

P

pLuvia

sinist4 said:
nah going to start it this week........
oh ok cool.. calculus is easy lol.. well i found it easy.. 100% in topic test lol... started learning integration at tutor.. :) if u wanna no wat it is .. its just the reverse of differentiation.. if u no wat that means yet ...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Heh heh.
"Henceforth let the topic Integration be known as Anti Differentiation"
And that's how it went in my class.

Different schools do things in different orders. We did calculus last out of all the prelim stuff, in both 2 and 3u.

Oooh circle geometry....I disliked that topic greatly.

But I'll help you out with any questions that you have too.

P

pLuvia

Emma-Jayde said:
Heh heh.
"Henceforth let the topic Integration be known as Anti Differentiation"
And that's how it went in my class.

Different schools do things in different orders. We did calculus last out of all the prelim stuff, in both 2 and 3u.

Oooh circle geometry....I disliked that topic greatly.

But I'll help you out with any questions that you have too.
bloody so annoying.. u no how to prove the thing but you dont know to write it out argh.. annoying.. i hate the topic as well.. but pretty easy LOL

P

pLuvia

Emma-Jayde said:
ROFL. I tried to stab it. Circle geom will be the first thing I burn after the HSC.
well yr 11 geometry doesnt get ne harder.. cant wait for trig favourite and strong pt ahhaha even thought geometry and trig are very similar ahah

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yeah the trig is good.
A piece of advice though, try to memorise the identities as you get them. You'll find it much easier that way. And out of everything, it's the one topic that you should look at very regularly. You tend to forget which ones are which...

Speaking from experience here....I didn't pick up ext 1 maths until this time last year, I cam in halfway through the trig topic.

P

pLuvia

Emma-Jayde said:
Yeah the trig is good.
A piece of advice though, try to memorise the identities as you get them. You'll find it much easier that way. And out of everything, it's the one topic that you should look at very regularly. You tend to forget which ones are which...

Speaking from experience here....I didn't pick up ext 1 maths until this time last year, I cam in halfway through the trig topic.
oh ok cools... thx

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
i wonder how other skools teach maths, is it one topic then next in textbook order, or jump around the places, or uses 2u and 3u textbook together or like my skool, jump around the textbook and 2u + 3u text book and 3 different strands in a week (learn 3 topics in a week)? i rekon my skool's method is hectic, but the positive side it is good cuz we learn more stuff, not just the plain calculus for 2 weeks and trig the next 2 and geometry the next....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)