• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths And Finance (1 Viewer)

syslink

HSC
How does the Bachelor of Mathematics and Finance from UTS rate in the business world? I wish to get into investment banking and possibly quantitative analysis and would like the opinion of fellow BOSers and also those who are currently doing this course.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
syslink said:
How does the Bachelor of Mathematics and Finance from UTS rate in the business world? I wish to get into investment banking and possibly quantitative analysis and would like the opinion of fellow BOSers and also those who are currently doing this course.
This probably isn't the best way to get into Investment Banking; Comm/Law seems the way to. I like the UTS course but it's too bad the uni not as recognised as others offering similar programs (UNSW & USYD). However, the wide variety of courses seem very practical (lots of Excel!) and its surprising how much they can fit into a 3yr degree.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
edit: moved to my topic, i wouldn't want to distract any answers from the question asked here.

Last edited:

HSC
Similar programs at UNSW and USYD such as the bachelor of science in mathematics and finance and the bachelor of science in financial mathematics and statistics? or just plain commerce with a major in finance?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
my friend does this course, and its apparently pretty hardcore maths, if u aint good in maths particular 3u/4u now, u prob can cope later.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
It's not that hardcore. They brush over the theoretical stuff really superficially (IMO they dun do enuff srs functional analysis :D). But it does provide a good overview compared to other degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)