• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (4 Viewers)

doctorhayman

HSC
How much harder or easier than last year? some 2022 and 2023 q13/14 was kinda wtf for me so im praying its not as difficult this year
or they could make it impossible
thoughts?

Last edited:

doctorhayman

HSC
are you joking? 2022 and 2023 were in no way difficult. in fact, i'd say that they were on the easier side when you place them in comparison with the rest of the 3u papers, especially if you compare them with the really old papers back when the old syllabus was still a thing. that being said, if you truly find them hard, i'd recommend just skimming through Cambridge as 2022 and 2023 were essentially just ripped straight from there. in terms of what is going to happen this year, i reckon that they are going to make it much harder, since they have been quite lenient for the past few years.
I meant most of Q14 and some bits of Q13 in 2023
Q11 and Q12 are always samey

jjjj222

HSC
there will probably an easy vector question this year (that's what I'm hoping) maybe a tough projectile motion question, they haven't asked those in a while

Allan Mekisic

HSC
I don’t think there will be a projectile motion question this year. It’s been done to the death. They have not examined balancing of forces in extension 1 and it’s definitely in the syllabus. That’s my tip this year. See Q 15 part a 2022 ext 2. I think they will have a similar slightly easier question.

shoulfer

HSC
I don’t think there will be a projectile motion question this year. It’s been done to the death. They have not examined balancing of forces in extension 1 and it’s definitely in the syllabus. That’s my tip this year. See Q 15 part a 2022 ext 2. I think they will have a similar slightly easier question.
the force balancing stuff is way too easy its not q13 or 14 material even at its hardest

bruhmoment.

HSC
idk i feel like volumes havent been tested well either, may be time for a retarded volumes question but idk. nor has induction come up yet as a genuinely hard question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)